• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad User Franky4246 - ghosts after agreeing to sell, with no explanation

I'm not trying to "cancel" anyone. If anything I just wanted to point out his crappy behaviour here, and at most get a response from him. That so many people are more upset about how I handled this thread than a member being ghosted speaks volumes of the community here.

I don't think anyone here would argue that the polite thing to do is to have responded that he was declining the sale. As far as to why he ignored you would be hard to speculate, especially without a response from him here since we have only your side. Is he aware of this thread?
You have a right to feel as you do and create the thread but I have been on many forums since the beginning and usually a thread like this doesn't age well.
Honestly imo life is to short to spend energy on something as minor as what occurred.

Edited to add
I decided to research this knife ad causing all the commotion. I have to say that what happened in that for sale thread was not how you handle an issue. As others suggested probably best to lock this one up.

Last edited:
I don't think anyone here would argue that the polite thing to do is to have responded that he was declining the sale. As far as to why he ignored you would be hard to speculate, especially without a response from him here since we have only your side. Is he aware of this thread?
You have a right to feel as you do and create the thread but I have been on many forums since the beginning and usually a thread like this doesn't age well.
Honestly imo life is to short to spend energy on something as minor as what occurred.

Edited to add
I decided to research this knife ad causing all the commotion. I have to say that what happened in that for sale thread was not how you handle an issue. As others suggested probably best to lock this one up.

He was pinged and I PM'd him, he chose to not respond.

How exactly did I mishandle the issue in that thread...? Other people bitching to him isn't my problem. And to be clear since so many people keep bringing it up, the others started posting after the guy ghosted me and put up his passive aggressive list of "rules". Their comments aren't why he denied me the sale.

He was pinged and I PM'd him, he chose to not respond.

How exactly did I mishandle the issue in that thread...? Other people bitching to him isn't my problem. And to be clear since so many people keep bringing it up, the others started posting after the guy ghosted me and put up his passive aggressive list of "rules". Their comments aren't why he denied me the sale.

I stand corrected, it was the gentleman that you were vouching for that got out of line in the for sale thread that should have been kept to private messages. I won't post anymore so it doesn't keep bumping but I believe it was sound advice to lock the thread.

I stand corrected, it was the gentleman that you were vouching for that got out of line in the for sale thread that should have been kept to private messages. I won't post anymore so it doesn't keep bumping but I believe it was sound advice to lock the thread.
Which is why I won't vouch for anyone. ;)

Back