• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

User Joseph Shaffer - Posts interest or commits to a purchase in sales threads and doesn't follow through

TimmyJ

Gold Member
Hello,

I wanted to post this to alert others of this user's suspicious behavior.

J Joseph Shaffer

This user has a history of constantly posting in sales threads that he is "interested" and asks for the seller to email him. He has commented to sales threads with an "I'll take it" and then never follows through. All his posts consist of this behavior. I have reported him a couple of times. He is up to something and I encourage other sellers to add him to your ignore list.

Sellers Beware!

I'm happy that TimmyJ started this thread. This guy "Joseph Shaffer" is the UGLY of BladeForums. He responded "I'll take it." to my attempt to sell my AFCK. After a few days in response to his requested email, he asked for a reduced price and a F&F PayPal payment. When I said no, I never heard from him again. I reported him and added him to my ignore list. "Joseph Shaffer" should be banned for life.

It does appear that this individual has a history of doing these things. Not sure what the deal is, but at a minimum they seem to be wasting many seller's time and effort.
Thanks for posting - will add to my ignore.

Hello,

I wanted to post this to alert others of this user's suspicious behavior.

J Joseph Shaffer

This user has a history of constantly posting in sales threads that he is "interested" and asks for the seller to email him. He has commented to sales threads with an "I'll take it" and then never follows through. All his posts consist of this behavior. I have reported him a couple of times. He is up to something and I encourage other sellers to add him to your ignore list.

Sellers Beware!
After a quick look through his and your post history, I think I'll do what others have done and add him to the list. Thank you for posting. Wish more people would post their frustrating experiences about frequent problematic exchange users.

Back