• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad User SCRIM - Received refund on knife when USPS seemed to have lost, it was then delivered, he refused to appropriately send back at my cost.

jmasc

Platinum Member
I sold an item to Scrim on 7/7/21, it was not delivered to him in the time quoted by USPS and it seemed the package was lost. I refunded him the fill purchase amount on 7/22/21. He and I agreed that if it still arrived he would pay me a discounted rate for the item. It was delivered to him 8/18/2021. USPS info attached below. It arrived to him and the outer packaging was damaged, he stated he did not open it and did not want it anymore. I asked that he ship it back to me at my cost. I sent him 25$ for return shipping. He has refused to do so and will not contact me back. At this point he has the item I sold to him for $215, has gotten a full refund for the $215 and has also received $25 for the return shipping. In total he has the item and $240, he will not contact me back and refuses to return the item appropriately. I either want the item returned to me with an appropriate tracking number etc.. at my cost which was already sent to him or I would like him to pay me for the item and return the money for the return shipping. He states he will just dump the item in a USPS drop box even though the damage to the packaging has marred my address.

He has still not responded back, mods said to post here. I am not sure what to do at this point.

Scrim profile page - https://www.bladeforums.com/members/scrim.390579/

BF E-mail 1.jpegBF E-mail 2.jpegDel Info.pngOriginal Conversation 1.pngOriginal Conversation 2.png

Well, it seems like Scrim could easily put the package in a larger box, and return it to you. He does have really good feedback, so his unwillingness to cooperate and complete the transaction is puzzling. Perhaps a communication issue has put him in a resentful mood, and he lost the ability to stay neutral about the interaction. Maybe he can at least add your mailing address to the damaged box and reinforce it with some tape. I hope that you get your knife back.

That sucks! I know it won't help you with this package, but I always put an extra shipping label inside the box for in case the label on the package gets messed up somehow.

Hopefully Scrim will get this cleared up and do the right thing
if not and you used PP G&S I would contact them. They may still be able to get the refund money back on a delivered package. It is an odd case, but I would give it a shot, if he doesn't come forward. It would be much easier all around if he just repackaged and returned your knife.

Hopefully Scrim will get this cleared up and do the right thing
if not and you used PP G&S I would contact them. They may still be able to get the refund money back on a delivered package. It is an odd case, but I would give it a shot, if he doesn't come forward. It would be much easier all around if he just repackaged and returned your knife.
Not to mention just a common courtesy between knife fans.

I’ve sent him a message regarding posting thread as well and time stamp shows that he read it as of yesterday at 7PM

How much time does it take to put that box in a larger box, label it and ship it back? The $25 has been paid for that purpose, which I assume was agreed to.
It appears that on July 31, "Scrim" agreed to buy the knife a second time, after the refund, as well.

Back