• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad User SCRIM - Received refund on knife when USPS seemed to have lost, it was then delivered, he refused to appropriately send back at my cost.

Also ... you should pay him the full amount agreed to in the first place... not $150
It looks like Scrim makes a habit of trying to extort partial refunds out of people or refusing to send them their property in a timely manner.

I do not assume the shipper intended USPS to send my knife from North Carolina to NE Ohio by way of Olympia, Washington. But that's just me.

Last edited:
It looks like Scrim makes a habit of trying to extort partial refunds out of people or refusing to send them their property in a timely manner.

Why yes, yes he does.

After he finally replied to this thread I thought he seemed familiar. I did a search and found the same thread you linked and it all came back to me. He has been in other disputes here as well. It turns out I had him on my list for good reasons.

............Waiting for a $150 paypal payment request from seller/creep"jmasc" so I can be done with him and any of you uninformed, bored, judgmental idiots. You truly low IQ pinheads that made the idiotic comments in this thread are obviously bored and looking for something to do. Gotta love (and admire) you keyboard warriors.

Last update on this bullshit. Enjoy it boys.
Whether the members who disagree with you are Pinheads etc. is debatable, however your Low Down Dishonorable way of doing business here on more then one occasion will lead anyone reading this to have nothing to do with you.

I sent scrim and invoice as he requested and he paid me the $150 discounted rate I offered him initially. He also refunded the $25 I sent him for return shipping. It is what I agreed to originally and for a period of time was more than I expected to get.

I have saved and taken screen caps of all of my communication with Scrim and can prove I have done the right thing from the beginning, although I don’t think that will make any difference to him.

Hopefully at some point he will appreciate what is a great knife from the Demko’s.

Thank you everyone from the BF community and the moderators who guided me in this. I really don’t think I would have gotten anywhere without you. This really is a great community to be a part of.

You truly low IQ pinheads that made the idiotic comments in this thread are obviously bored and looking for something to do. Gotta love (and admire) you keyboard warriors
Well sum of us may be two dum fer ya, but most no ya keep either da muny or da nife. Not both. Both is called steeling.

Scrim Scrim , I have been watching this thread since it started because I’ve seen you around the forums and the story sounded fishy for a well-established contributor. I don’t know the OP from Adam. So the initial assessment of this GBU thread leaned your way in my mind. But the guy who immediately starts calling people names as a part of a defense for his actions is nearly always in the wrong. Especially when the people you’re talking about are literally asking for your side of the story.

I’m sorry for the loss of your friend and know the stress that surrounds sudden death. Stress often shows our character most clearly. Regrettably it seems this stressful time is showing more ass than stoic. Not that you’ll give a shit, but I’m un-ignoring you. Not that you’re right in how you handled the situation, but you seem to have gotten there with a little public pressure.

If the shoe fits...
You made him jump through a hoop to send you a request for a lower amount? You are literally keeping some of this guys $, after he did all he could to make it right with you? The only one here that seems to make drama is you bro. Like I said before a pos and like you said “if the shoe fits”… we all have tough times in our life! Its how you act in those times that define the type of man that you are! Ignored.

Wow! Reading that is like dejavu…

Edit: Looks like the link was already posted. Oh well, posting it again can't hurt!

For whatever reason, scrims GB&U post history is a bit difficult to get at, you need to use the advanced search options. Anyway, here's a similar thread from 5 years ago where he held on to someone else's property while he deliberated on whether to screw them over or not: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/current-issue-with-scrim.1395961/page-4#post-16123577

Link is to his resolution post and the thread is sort of cut up, not sure why but it was two software versions of bladeforums ago. As in that thread I'll restate that I would advise everyone reading this to put scrim on ignore and have nothing further to do with him as it seems nothing has changed, I bet the OP wishes he knew about this previous issue before dealing with him. Fair warning.

I expect scrim will have something nasty to say about me now, as he did in the past. Welp, folks can come to their own conclusions. All the posts are out there....

Last edited:
How you Scrim Scrim thinks any of the accusations and name calling helps is any way to deal with a problem is very telling of who you are. I think most of us have lost someone to Covid ... I know I have, but that is absolutely no excuse for acting the way you have. And this isn't the first time you've done this ... from reading about your past BS you have failed miserably at using that as an excuse anyway. All this makes me wonder how many other people you have bullied into or attempted to bully into a "partial refund"? What makes your time more valuable than another members that you don't have time to drop a package at the Post Office for a simple return yet you expect everyone else to jump and do what you want when you want? From the messages shared you started accusing and calling the OP names from the go yet you come up with BS that you were mistreated and you don't trust him? You need to grow up and get a clue.

I'm glad the OP got at least some of what was owed him, but the way you've conducted yourself won't be forgotten. This forum would be far better off without you.

Thanks for making an ass of yourself and for making sure people know not to deal with you at all.

I really appreciate the research on this guy, fellas. One instance of something is hard to sort out. A pattern of similar behavior makes this very clear.

There’s no reason a stand-up enthusiast wouldn’t pay it back in full, and ship it using OP’s $25. That’s the right thing to do in spite of OP’s generous offer.

Edit: Looks like the link was already posted. Oh well, posting it again can't hurt!

For whatever reason, scrims GB&U post history is a bit difficult to get at, you need to use the advanced search options. Anyway, here's a similar thread from 5 years ago where he held on to someone else's property while he deliberated on whether to screw them over or not: https://www.bladeforums.com/threads/current-issue-with-scrim.1395961/page-4#post-16123577

Link is to his resolution post and the thread is sort of cut up, not sure why but it was two software versions of bladeforums ago. As in that thread I'll restate that I would advise everyone reading this to put scrim on ignore and have nothing further to do with him as it seems nothing has changed, I bet the OP wishes he knew about this previous issue before dealing with him. Fair warning.

I expect scrim will have something nasty to say about me now, as he did in the past. Welp, folks can come to their own conclusions. All the posts are out there....
Wow... I had actually "liked " his response before I saw this post. Once could be a misunderstanding but this begins to look like a pattern. A pattern with a common denominator...

Scrim sure has lots of 100% feedback. 🤔

Just goes to show it is not a perfect system, and may not tell the full story. When you can give negative feedback is limited, and even then many fear retaliatory negative feedback. This is why GBU threads are so important.
There is no guaranteed solution, but research beyond the feedback system helps. Though I certainly would have expected better behavior from a member with that many transaction under his belt.
We are all only as good as present transaction

Back