User spydercos. NiB need not apply

So I'm new to the spyderco game. Primarily I'm in love with militaries. However I see mostly pristine, NIB, as received shots of spydies. So I wanted to ask the forum to post pics of your users. with scratches, sharpened edges, dings on the g10, you name it. I wanna see user sprints, coveted ones going for double their retail NIB that ride in your pocket everyday. This is for users only. Fancy pics of your safe queen can stay in your Flickr account.

Ill start. 2 spydercos. Both militaries. One a digi camo s30v, the other a CF m390. Both get used and both are awesome. Your turn........

2012-05-03_23-59-36_788.jpg

2012-05-03_13-46-55_411.jpg

Here's my chokwe beater. It's a crappy pic but you get the point. (Add two pocket clip screws)
IMG_0613.jpg

Hmm. After looking at the pic, I realize you can't really see any wear. I'll take a better pic tomorrow.

My first and most used spydie.

blackmillie2.jpg

Carried and used this Ti Millie for a while but the weight really changes this knife for me because I like the millie in the G10 or CF platform.

timilliemirror.jpg

I broke of a fraction of the tip on this orange millie at the range when I was cutting some tire sidewalls. I just dropped the point a bit and sharpened normally.

orangemilliemirror2.jpg

My XHP Millie and Grey Caly at the construction site.

edc12312.jpg

Last edited:
My first. It took a tumble across a concrete floor at one point and I lost the tip.

DSC04323.jpg

DSC04324.jpg

My Endura 4 & Delica 4 "Frankenknives" - both hybrids of various parts. The serrated E4 is my first Spyderco, and it's what won me over to serrated blades.
SpydercoE4D4003.jpg

Endura4modd005.jpg

This one's my biking knife; nice & lightweight, better visibility than the black Endura 1. Lots of wear to the back of the handle, but I recently cleaned this
one up & sharpened it. (It's been used a bit in the kitchen since then, and the serrations need a little attention.)
Red-scaledknivestradtactical004.jpg

And my Military; I traded this one recently because it wasn't getting any pocket time. (Used a LOT during the time I was making some upgrades to the
rafters & roof in the garage.)
SpydercoMilitarydigi-camo005.jpg

SpydercoMilitarydigi-camo003.jpg

Manix II that I also traded recently. Very stout knife, but I was offered another knife I wanted more. ;)
SpydercoManix2December2011007.jpg

~Chris

Last edited:
The blade has some smudges, but most of the wear is on the clip and edge from sharpening.
Untitled.jpg

I would not say my beater knife because it is too nice to be called that, but definitely a user.

IMG_3653.jpg

IMG_3654.jpg

IMG_3658.jpg

IMG_3660.jpg

This was the only knife I carried for about 2 years. I'm not up to two EDC blades, the second being a Brown Para 2 ;)

c13ba85e.jpg

You want users? How about my old S90V Military?

DSCF0605.jpg

No virgins in this bunch, either.

DSCF1006.jpg

DSCF0712.jpg

The Dragonfly in this one has seen a little use.

DSCF0109.jpg

I love pics of Yab's s90v military. Damn thing looks like a para :)

great to see knives used, and used well like that one.:thumbup:

This deals with a lot of cardboard at work, including some 5 ply cubic yard boxes. One of these days it will need to go back to Spyderco for some serious work on the serrations.

Dsc00656.jpg

Dsc00657.jpg

That's a hard working Sage3!

Yeah it was in the garage that day. The more I use that knife the more I love it, I did not like it a lot when I first got it but now it is my go to grunt knife. And that blue G10 cleans up not too bad.

Edit: I remembered what I did with that knife that day. I had to buy a new lawn mower and it had a really long chute on the discharge, and the guy that delivered it said the first thing he would do was trim that up with a die grinder. Well I do not have a big compressor or a die grinder so I decided this would be a fun job for the Sage 3. That chute was very thick and hard to cut, but I got through it and I was very pleased with how well it did. I had to pierce it and drive the blade about halfway in then really put a lot of force to cut it (that FFG I am sure made it as good as was going to get). That is what all the black residue on the blade is from. I know everyone talks about lock strength all the time and that bolt action lock was plenty strong for me and I never worried about it.

Last edited:
I love these threads. Im too lazy to mess with pictures, but I have 6 spydies and they are all put to good use.
Digi/Blk Military in s30v is my favorite to beat on so far. My CF m390 is even sexier, but still needs some breaking in.
My Endura 4 (blue) has been used hard and was actually chipped pretty bad from smacking rebar, but I sharpened that out in no time. Gave me a special love for vg-10.
The blue para 2 is another winner that looks even better when I get it dirty.
And lastly, my sage 1 and 2 are just ideal for formal edc. So light, yet so sharp and fits like a glove!
Some people may disagree, but I find my thin-tipped spydies perfect for carving/whittling.
Hats off to those who push their Spyderco's and learn what they are actually capable of doing.

Back