• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Bad Username - Igelkott

On 11/23, we agreed to trade my Hinderer XM-18 Bowie for his Benchmade 940 and Spyderco Kapara. The Hinderer was mailed on 11/25 and delivered on 11/30. I was sent a tracking number on 11/26 that has remained in the pre-shipment stage since then, and the knives have never arrived.

Igelkott has not responded to any subsequent attempts at contact. He was last on Bladeforums the beginning of December, which was after I sent the emails.

For reference:

Username: Igelkott

Email: sa0x85@gmail.com with Eyedea315 as the name associated with the account

Mailing address I was given:

C. J. Cowell
309 Gray Street
Herkimer, NY 13350

For all the good it will do, I'll be contacting USPS and law enforcement. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

USPS? they have nothing to do with this.
Try the local police where the buyer is but i don't see them doing anything either.
Maybe some kind of small claims court. Also hardly seems worth it unless you lived nearby.

You had the higher value item, more feedback / posts. the guy even posted he'd be happy to send first in another thread.
I just would never take a chance to learn this lesson

Definitely not my smartest decision, but it seemed a bit hypocritical to put those parameters on the trade given my low feedback and post count and the fact others didn't do so with me when I first started trading.

It is a lesson learned, and I don't expect a satisfactory resolution or that local law enforcement will do anything. With regards to USPS, there was a tracking number which suggests a payment was made. Once again, I know they will likely do nothing, but perhaps they have additional information.

No such name at that address in records.

CURRENT RESIDENTS
PERSON
W**** Pettengill
Age 44
Herkimer, NY 13350
RELATIVES
J**** Pettengill
D**** Pettengill
N**** Pettengill

PERSON
W**** Pettengill
Age 66
Herkimer, NY 13350
RELATIVES
J**** Pettengill
D**** Pettengill
N**** Pettengill

PERSON
J**** Cassillo
Age 39
Herkimer, NY 13350
RELATIVES
W**** Pettengill
W**** Pettengill
W**** Pettengill

PERSON
R**** Gates
Herkimer, NY 13350
RELATIVES
--

PERSON
W**** Pettengill
Age 63
Herkimer, NY 13350
RELATIVES
J**** Pettengill
INCLUDES

Property Info 1408 square feet. Seven occupants. Tiny lot. 70 years old. Value circa $48,000 (has recently lost 30% of value).

309 Gray St, Herkimer, NY 13350
Resident Name Phone More Information
Mary C Crandall (315) 866-2005
Susan A Schrader (315) 866-2005
Homeowner
Professional Specialty Occupations
Email:
s...@yahoo.com

Susan A Crandall

Steve B Graham

Jessica C Pettengill (315) 219-5482
Homeowner
Student
Education:
High school graduate or higher

DVXglZz.png

Calling all the residents to inquire .... *politely fishing for info on the con man
"maybe he got really sick"

FWIW, I ordered something (not with CJ) around the same time you did that still shows "in transit" with USPS. Maybe it is just sitting somewhere. I plan to pay a visit to the local PO after Christmas and have a discussion with someone if it isn't here.

FWIW, I ordered something (not with CJ) around the same time you did that still shows "in transit" with USPS. Maybe it is just sitting somewhere. I plan to pay a visit to the local PO after Christmas and have a discussion with someone if it isn't here.

Do you not have a phone?
Just going to read back the tracking to you anyways

It's a possibility, and that's why I waited for a while to post here. However, the complete lack of communication suggests that the USPS isn't the issue.

It's a possibility, and that's why I waited for a while to post here. However, the complete lack of communication suggests that the USPS isn't the issue.
You say the tracking is in the pre-shipment stage. What does it say exactly? At my PO I will often use a Self Service Kiosk. Shipping will say that It was used but no tracking updates until it hits the next facility, which can be a day or two. With what is going on with USPS right now (horrible delays because of unprecedented holiday load, covid, and the documented deliberate slow down), it is not out of the question that the package was dropped off and is in the system in some way but is just sitting somewhere at a PO or Distribution center. I've had packages go without tracking for weeks (one almost a month) before delivery, but they always show they were dropped off and scanned into the system.

The lack of contact is a big red flag. Not sure why people trade with other folks that have near zero history here. Hopefully you get something out of this...

Not defending anyone, but point of information only.

USPS in the Northeast & Southeast is in complete crisis right now. Many employees being quarantined and they have trailers full of mail/packages that have been sitting for a week or more. I have 2 Amazon items from NY & PA that have been in reshipment status with USPS for 7 days now. FedEx is also completely overwhelmed with equipment shortages and has had shippers on allocation of pickups for the last 2 months. UPS is generally been decent although way above peak shipments since April.

The last five USPS parcel I have received were all very late. Tracking stopped within 2-3 days of shipping at an intermediate point over a hundred miles or more aaway and then they were "Delivered."

On 11/23, we agreed to trade my Hinderer XM-18 Bowie for his Benchmade 940 and Spyderco Kapara. The Hinderer was mailed on 11/25 and delivered on 11/30. I was sent a tracking number on 11/26 that has remained in the pre-shipment stage since then, and the knives have never arrived.

Igelkott has not responded to any subsequent attempts at contact. He was last on Bladeforums the beginning of December, which was after I sent the emails.

For reference:

Username: Igelkott

Email: sa0x85@gmail.com with Eyedea315 as the name associated with the account

Mailing address I was given:

C. J. Cowell
309 Gray Street
Herkimer, NY 13350

For all the good it will do, I'll be contacting USPS and law enforcement. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Any updates on this?

Back