Using Lighter Fluid (Zippo) in Multi-fuel Stoves

I'm not sure where to put this, W&S or Gadgets and Tool so Mods do move it if you find it appropriate. I have a Primus Omni-fuel stove that takes canned gas cylinders, white gas and other petroleum byproducts such as gasoline (petrol), diesel and kerosene. Does anyone know if lighter fluids works in this kind of stoves? I'm thinking they might since they burn pretty clean; the newer versions at least. I also heard that the composition is very close to Coleman camp fuel (white gas). I'm not saying I'm going to use it to replace my alternatives which are cheaper but I'm curious if I could use it in a pinch.

I'm not sure where to put this, W&S or Gadgets and Tool so Mods do move it if you find it appropriate. I have a Primus Omni-fuel stove that takes canned gas cylinders, white gas and other petroleum byproducts such as gasoline (petrol), diesel and kerosene. Does anyone know if lighter fluids works in this kind of stoves? I'm thinking they might since they burn pretty clean; the newer versions at least. I also heard that the composition is very close to Coleman camp fuel (white gas). I'm not saying I'm going to use it to replace my alternatives which are cheaper but I'm curious if I could use it in a pinch.

Honestly, you should be able to burn any liquid fuel. You should be able to do it. I would give it a whirl. If the results are a bit messy (zippo fuel can burn oily) you can burn some proprietary fuel to clean it out after. Hit us back with the results. I have the same stove. LOVE IT.

Do you mean Zippo fluid or something?
If so, you can use it as stove fuel without any problem.

Thanks Fujita... I take it you've tried this in a stove; which one? I've used the Omni-fuel for a little over a year now and love it. Not the lightest or the quietest (roarer) but it is very versatile with fuel and VERY sturdy. My friend had one roll down the slope of a hill and it was still roaring when he caught up with it. Amazingly other than a few dings it was none the worse.

Mine's SVEA123, should be more specific to white gas compared to your stove and still worked fine with
lighter fuel. But please note that as lighter fuel is not so cheap as other types of fuel, I haven't tried
it many times nor long interval.
A buddy of mine has a Omini-fuel and I think it's a great stove. Perfect for relatively long period
of above the timberline activities I think.

Yes Lighter fluid will work on a multi fuel stove...I have used it on a Coleman Peak 1 , Optimus Nova and Primus Omni Fuel 2

Welcome. By the way, thats an 8 year old thread, we try to avoid necro-posting as it muddies up the forum. Enjoy your stay!

Back