Utility dagger?

Hello AGAIN Mick and the rest of the Strider gang!
First of all I want to congratulate you and Running Dog Knives for making your cord wraps look perfect! I was messing around yesterday with a knife I made to wrap cord around and it is tough to get things even and perfect!

Anyways, I seem to have an affinity for daggers! I like your model JW. I have only seen pics and read articles on your knives but they look very functional and by the reports of your customers they sure perform. Which brings me to my question- is your JW a "utility" piece or was it designed for more lethal purposes? Or, os a dagger really a great tool? How do you keep the tip strong yet useful?

Thanks again! I hope you don't mind my questions (they may become more frequent!) but your knives have me curious!

------------------
"Come What May..."

Crayola...
Hey thanks. For all of you out there who think a cord handle is an easy way to handle a knife, tie a few some day. When your flesh returns, go do it again for eight hours or so....

Yeah you could call the JW a utility dagger. I say so because it is a very strong knife. Here's the deal with tip strength; you have to keep a lot of steel up there. The JW has a very thick tip. Our other double edged stuff doesn't. They are not useful with the exception of their intended task. You could easily chop or dig with a JW. Not an issue at all.

Not to worry about questions. We love em.

Ever Vigilant

Mick Strider

Thanks Mick. Discussing the merits of a dagger as a "utility" knife on another post I mentioned that with a dagger you can sharpen one edge to a highly polished edge and the other edge to a "toothier" edge and ge the best of both worlds. Is this something your customers do, or do they just scrob it on a stone when it gets dull and look for more crevases, locks, and a host of other "nasties" to hack into?

------------------
"Come What May..."

Back