Vallotton Classic Sebenza makeover *Automatic Content*

WValtakis

Hand engraving & Titanium anodizing
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
You may have seen my Sebbie that I anodized a while back, got bored today and gave it a makeover. Stripped it and made some parts out of copper/nickel/brass mokume. Swapped out the thumbstud, spacer, button and the citrine I had in the hole. Should look pretty sweet once a little patina sets in, I'm out of my artificial stuff.

Before
07ecfd96.jpg

After
temporary_84.jpg

temporary_85.jpg

temporary_86.jpg

temporary_87.jpg

~Chip

Last edited:
Nice work Chip! Understated but beautiful, just my style. [emoji1303][emoji1303]

So that's an auto?
Any chance you could post a video of the action?

Thanks guys, every couple years I get bored and have to change it up a bit. It's my only CRK and it has the same birthday as me :)

Yup, it's an auto...my wife had it converted for my birthday not too long before Butch stopped doing Sebenzas. I'll try to get a video of the action and upload it to YouTube, it's quite snappy :D

~Chip

That is amazing.

I wish they still did those conversions, I would mail one of mine in. :)

Definitely bad ass, but I bet the lockup got to 100% after the first day.

Umm...ok. Hasn't moved in years

temporary_88.jpg

~Chip

I didn't know it was an auto! That is freaking awesome! I would love to carry a Sebbie auto.

Yup, she's certainly a keeper (the knife, and my wife who sweet talked Butch into a quick turnaround for my birthday). I haven't seen one for sale in years, so it's pretty much irreplaceable.

And it can't be beat for "ease of deployment" ;)

~Chip

Really not bad!! Very nice.. Thanks for the video, maybe we'll see something like this in the future of CRK!

A flipper...maaayyybe, an auto...I'd bet that's never going to happen.

~Chip

My Sebbie is almost 10 years old, with over half of that as an auto. It's been a heavy user most of that time and the lockup is still perfect, I am not convinced a lock bar insert is necessary ;)

~Chip

Back