Value of an INFI AK47

silkworm

Gold Member
Hi Guys, I hate asking questions on values but I can't find any recent sales posts...

I have an older crinkle coated INFI AK47, and was just wondering what they're going for these days?

I see a lot of Battle Grades and Custom Shop AK's but none of the run-of-the-mill production INFI AK's that were common in these parts a few years ago.

The condition is slightly used and I do have a nice leather sheath for it.

I was going to say around $800, but I haven't been paying attention lately. Since eBay's sold listings show a BG recently went for $815, I guess I might be a little out of date. If they're really in the $1300-1500 range, it might be time for me to thin the herd.

I was going to say around $800, but I haven't been paying attention lately. Since eBay's sold listings show a BG recently went for $815, I guess I might be a little out of date. If they're really in the $1300-1500 range, it might be time for me to thin the herd.

You're actually probably more accurate with what someone would be willing to pay for one way things are atm. Going through threads plenty have sold for $700ish. With the leather sheath though $1000-1300 is possible. Have seen them sell for $2000.

Last edited:
$2K would be a Satin Custom Shop version. A brand new one should be $1,000 - $1,200 maybe $1,300 if it had one of the multi colored micarta handles that are no longer available.

Where do they go for $2000? 'Cause that's where I want to sell mine.

Hahahahaha.:D Used to be fleabay. The super flippers like knifehunter and lui Kang still have some listed at $2000-$3000. Totally overlooked the coated aspect of this too, plus was trying to be overly generous with valuation, just cause you never know, he could get $1300. I'd pay $200-300 just for a really nice leather sheath.

Last edited:
Play your cards right and you could trade it for a nuked FMV14 and if you drive a hard bargain one might throw in a Taliwacker or Silent Knight to sweeten the deal :)

Hi Guys, I hate asking questions on values but I can't find any recent sales posts...

I have an older crinkle coated INFI AK47, and was just wondering what they're going for these days? ...
I did some searches awhile ago, and there were not many coated INFI AK47s for sale/sold. At some point older sales are no longer relevant.

They go for $100 I heard these days so I’ll give ya $200 since it has a sheath and cuz I’m such a fine stand up young man :)

Unfortunately, there are many people who try to sell their knives here based on what knives are listed for on eBay. *Listed price doesn't matter, sold prices do.*

When researching the bay for value, whether you are buying or selling, make sure you are searching completed listings for knives that have sold.

They go for $100 I heard these days so I’ll give ya $200 since it has a sheath and cuz I’m such a fine stand up young man :)
That's a generous offer, considering the blade is bent in two places and the edge looks like heck from chopping concrete. ;):D

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate all of it. I'll just list it and see what happens.

Hold up, why would someone pay $800 for a BG AK when you can still buy them for like $470? Am I missing something?

Hold up, why would someone pay $800 for a BG AK when you can still buy them for like $470? Am I missing something?

It's one of the mysteries of the Bay. Some people seem to lack the Google-fu necessary to check the manufacturer's website to see if the supposedly rare collectable they're buying is still available at the original issue price. It happens more often than you'd think.

Also, it could be that they thought the zombie apocalypse was happening tomorrow, and they didn't think they could wait the "two weeks" it would take to get one directly from Busse.

It's one of the mysteries of the Bay. Some people seem to lack the Google-fu necessary to check the manufacturer's website to see if the supposedly rare collectable they're buying is still available at the original issue price. It happens more often than you'd think.

Also, it could be that they thought the zombie apocalypse was happening tomorrow, and they didn't think they could wait the "two weeks" it would take to get one directly from Busse.
Well the dude definitely lied on the listing, he claimed they were long out of production.

Well the dude definitely lied on the listing, he claimed they were long out of production.
People always lie (not all people all the time), especially when they are trying to get someone to part with their hard-earned cash. It's reprehensible and he should be called out for it but at the end of the day, the buyers should do a cursory google search to confirm such claims. It seems we have left the saying "buyer beware" in the past.

This place, BF in general and the Busse forum particularly, is a haven for blade enthusiasts. If someone posted that ad on the exchange, he would have been quickly corrected on his misstatement.

Thanks BF and HOGs!

Back