Vantage Pro S30V

Any opinions on the Vantage Pro?

For under $40 with an S30V blade it looks like a no brainer.

Cheapest I found was $48 for the Pro; but yea a no brainer.
I've got it clipped in my pocket and it's been with me every day since I got it oh 2 or 3 months ago. I did the preorder just as soon a KnifeCenter would allow it and waited so I go some of the first ones.

Fantastic design. Some people had a few issue but I think that's all worked out. You don't like it I'll buy it from you for $40.
Here's some picts:
DSC_1016.jpg

DSC_1027.jpg

DSC_1028.jpg

DSC_1026.jpg

DSC_1015.jpg

Last edited:
I am now on to my third knife in about a month this time a Vantage Pro in S30V steel. Unlike the others i hope this one stands constant opening and closing.
Regards Tim

I bought one and alternate it with a Mayo TNT as my EDC. For the money it is a great knife. I don't think there is anything out there that can compete with it. Get one, you'll love it! :thumbup:

I had to order myself a couple of these today. They were out of stock but are expecting a shipment in a few days.

I had to compare my Vantage Pro with my anniversary gift from my wife last month, a new Benchmade 635BK mini-Skirmish:

IMG_3515.jpg

Yeah, the 635 is nicer - but it's three times the cost. The Vantage Pro is a deal - a great EDC. It shares that duty with my 2+ year old Spydie Native, which doesn't have the aggravation of grabbing pocket change like the Vantage Pro. All three knives are S30V bladed.

Stainz

It shares that duty with my 2+ year old Spydie Native, which doesn't have the aggravation of grabbing pocket change like the Vantage Pro. All three knives are S30V bladed. Stainz
Simple solution. Keep the pocket change in the opposite pocket. Problem solved. :thumbup: :eek:

I'm trying to build up my Buck 110 collection but I might have to take a break and buy one a Vantage Pro S30V. It a great looking knife made with excellent materials.

Cheapest I found was $48 for the Pro but yea a know brainer.
I've got it clipped in my pocket and it's been with me every day since I got it oh 2 months ago. I did the preorder just as soon a KnifeCenter would allow it and waited so I go some of the first ones.

Fantastic design. Some people had a few issue but I think that's all worked out. You don't like it I'll buy it from you for $40.
Here's some picts:
DSC_1016.jpg

I have the wood-handled one coming tomorrow.....the bottom one in the photo. It looked like it would make a really good utility knife, and the price was very attractive. Can't wait.

nice looking knives,i'm gonna nhave to order from knifecenter and get one of those beautys!

Dissapointed with mine. The liner goes all the way to the other side and there is still some vertical play. I had sent it back to Buck and got it back with the same problem! Its like the liner is not long enough for complete lockup.

Vinny

Just got my Vantage Avid in, and it's nice. I like it. Fit and finish is good, and it's very sharp. The liner locks up on the near side of the blade tang just like it should with lotsa room left for wear, and it doesn't seem to matter if I flip it open or use the thumbhole.

I have the wood-handled one coming tomorrow.....the bottom one in the photo. It looked like it would make a really good utility knife, and the price was very attractive. Can't wait.
I received 2 of these yesterday and I really like the feel of them. Nice knives. Both have G10 handles but one has S30V and one has 13C26 blades. Is there any difference in the metal of the two? Also one says 346 on the blade and one says 347. Both boxes say 347BKS-B

According to the catalog, the 346 is the Vantage Avid, not the Pro and sells for $25 less (catalog price). The 347 is the Pro. I think there was a mistake somewhere along the line when they were boxed up. If you paid for two Pro's, I'd contact the seller, you got the wrong one.

One seller I checked sells the Pro (347) for $44.99 and the Avid (346) for $28.99. I'd sure get hold of who ever you bought them from.

Last edited:
According to the catalog, the 346 is the Vantage Avid, not the Pro and sells for $25 less (catalog price). The 347 is the Pro. I think there was a mistake somewhere along the line when they were boxed up. If you paid for two Pro's, I'd contact the seller, you got the wrong one.

One seller I checked sells the Pro (347) for $44.99 and the Avid (346) for $28.99. I'd sure get hold of who ever you bought them from.
I think I will as the desc. was for a Vantage Pro and I didn't find an Avid on his site. The retail was listed as $75. I paid a little less than $40. He just got a new shipment in and both knives are dated 07/09/09. It looks like they just put the wrong blade in at the factory as the knives are identical except for the blade and I couldn't find an Avid with G10 handles. I don't believe it was the seller's fault but I will let him know. Thanks for the response.

Last edited:
I saw a seller on the bay that had it listed as a Pro 387 but under his
spec sheet he showed the Sandvik steel. When I e-mailed to ask the question, and inidicated the Pro should be marked s30v-he replied that it
indeed was stamped s30v-wonder if he had some mixed up boxes and the
initial box he opened to use for description was an avid.:confused: Inquiring
minds want to know.:p

I sent the knife back and he is sending me the right one. Thanks for pointing out the difference between the two as I really hadn't paid any attention to the Avid.

Decided to order one this weekend for Cutlery Shoppe. I'll post my review when it gets here.

Just received mine late last week from Jeff over at the Cutlery Shoppe.
Carried the Vantage Pro with me all weekend.
Chopped up some thick cardboard boxes, opened up a few packages, even sliced up a peach and some other fruit with the knife.
It did very well indeed and the edge is still razor sharp.

The only small changes I would suggest are:
1) Make a slightly larger 'relief' area in the handle scales so it would be easier to get the thumb into the blade hole.
2) While some like the really deep pocket carry of that clip mounted to the end of the handle, it actually makes it rather difficult to draw from the pocket (especially since the G10 scales are quite smooth). It's a solid clip, but I think I'd rather have a little bit of the handle sticking out of my pocket for easier withdrawal.

Overall, considering Jeff has them for ~$40, it is one of THE BEST values in a folder out there today. (IMHO)

Regards,
Mike

Back