Vasectomy Questions

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks post-snip. How long until there is zero soreness/tenderness? When did you start lifting again?
Still not sure if serious straining would be the best idea, but may see what happens in the next day or two. I was told 2 weeks everything would be like normal. While there is no constant pain, I now must be careful how I sit and I try to stay away from wearing boxers other than just lounging.

I on and off ice for 2 days.Was careful for about a week .It might be a little different now. That was over 41 years ago.My bud had his done on a Friday afternoon and raced his motorcycle the next night.

I had mine about 30 years ago on a Friday. Went to work on Monday at a job which required me to stand most of the time. No real problems. Took it easy for a week.

On the other hand a friend of mine came home from the procedure and sat down in his easy chair...and his three year old son ran in and jumped into his lap. He had a bit longer recuperation.

Mine went wrong.... I was out for over a month. I had to see a different urologist after surgery.

jaredrg jaredrg , I had mine on a Friday morning. I followed doctors orders to the T. The weird pressure feeling went away sometime early the next week. The area was generally tender for another week or so. This was 3 years ago. I still get a weird itch at the place he made the tiny incision fairly regular.

As far as work, I was off until Monday night. My job is not physical, and I was fine but i don’t think I’d have been able to work hard for another day, maybe two. Hard to say though. Might have been fine. Waited ~3 weeks to have fun with the wife. She was already pregnant so no worries of that at first. I was scared it would hurt. It didn’t but it did feel different after climax for a couple of months.

I hope this helps you some. Only people I know who had trouble where folks who didn’t follow the doctors orders directly. Tried to do too much too fast or get jiggy with her too quickly. Not saying you did, only a point to how safe it should be.

We have a total of 31 kids between 9 people on my shift. We have had a bunch of V’s now lol. I brought a king cake the other day and told my sr tech “someone needs to put the baby in the cake” (without thinking). His reply “that shouldn’t be a problem on this shift”.

I got mine in the mid/late 90s. Doc told me to take it easy but I felt fine on a beautiful day so I walked a mile and a half home.

I was flat on my back for three days afterward.

Still, it was worth it to not have pregnancy worries again.

I followed orders pretty tight. I did however tote a ladder around and get up and down it 3 days later. I don't think I've experienced any complications perse, just tender I guess when I sit down just right or get out of the truck.

My problem was I didn’t get many instructions to follow!!! My 1st doctor just said “no bleeding, no bruising, no swelling”. I had all three!

I got mine 8 years ago after child 5. It was fine really no issues or real discomfort until about a week out than I would get a weird pain which would only go away after sitting in an ice cold bath. Doc checked me out and said I was fine. Finally after a few days it was gone. Bike riding, lifting, jogging etc about 2 1/2 -3 weeks out. Not to make you paranoid BUT ( yes I went for my 2 post opt sperm donations) child number 6 is 15 months :confused::confused::eek: I am pretty sure she is mine.

I got mine 8 years ago after child 5. It was fine really no issues or real discomfort until about a week out than I would get a weird pain which would only go away after sitting in an ice cold bath. Doc checked me out and said I was fine. Finally after a few days it was gone. Bike riding, lifting, jogging etc about 2 1/2 -3 weeks out. Not to make you paranoid BUT ( yes I went for my 2 post opt sperm donations) child number 6 is 15 months :confused::confused::eek: I am pretty sure she is mine.
So both of your specimens came back negative/sterile but your wife still got pregnant?

So both of your specimens came back negative/sterile but your wife still got pregnant?

Yes, 7 years of carefree action and than bam.

Pretty sure it mine , she home schools 7 and 10 year I'd hope they would tell me about any tutors coming by to teach mommy a few things:oops:

Had mine about 7-8 years ago. Procedure was a breeze, a couple weeks of tenderness, then back to normal. I had the two post op negative tests. I go back yearly for a specimen test. At year two Dr asked why was I doing this because I have to pay out of pocket for this. I told him I know of 2 couples who have had children post vasectomy. He laughed and said infidelity vs a post vasectomy male fathering a child is 1,000 to 1(Willrise, no implications ment whatsoever. Just his response.). I laughed along with him and said see you next year.

My cousin came over to pick up a load of cherry lumber like the day after his. He insisted on loading the lumber himself and driving 5 hours home. BAD idea. Gave new meaning to blue balls. Mine was some 23 years ago after the birth of our midlife surprise. No issues on recovery but somehow just never really felt quite the same. Maybe I was just getting old. I was pushing 50. Midlife surprise has been the icing on the cake.

Back