Vector V-Pro knife sharpener review.

I want to start off this review by being clear and say that I did not purchase this sharpener it was given to me to review and I was not paid or given any discount's to review this sharpener.

This is a knife sharpener made by a company in Russia called sharpeningstones.ru I can not link them because they are not a site supporter and the link will be deleted but you can google them you to.

You also get all the tools you need to assemble this sharpener like Allen Wrench's and a Spanner Wrench and there is nothing else you need to purchase.

I found this sharpener to be a very simple sharpener to set up and understand how to use but it is fairly well thought out and easy to understand how to use it.

The clamp's that this sharpener comes with work very well and they use metal dowel that you can see in the clamps in the picture I took of the clamp's,the dowels act like a fulcrum for the jaws to pivot on when you tighten the screw to hold the knife in the jaws,the dowels eliminate the need for a second screw.Also the spring's are plenty stiff that come with this sharpener and there is no flex in them when sharpening.

6Rt69Rr.jpg

3J95VD0.jpg

R0zeL9W.jpg

This sharpener has an angle adjuster that works like an Edge Pro for making big adjustments and it also has a micro adjuster as well for making small adjustments,for example is you make an adjustment of 14.6 degree's where you make the big angle adjustment you can use the micro adjuster to dial the angle into 15 degree's if you desire,my finger is pointing to the micro adjuster in the picture.

lKxq6az.jpg

Another interesting and very useful feature of this sharpener is that you can tilt the whole sharpener forwards or backwards allowing for more clearance you flip the blade depending the length of the blade.

It also has an angle scale printed on the base that you can see in the picture so you can see the degree's of tilt.

qmCSmLe.jpg

CwdHVvH.jpg

4jUs3On.jpg

This sharpener has a built in flipper unit so you don't have to unclamp the knife and although it's not as smooth as the TSProf flipper unit it does the job it was intended to do,you can also adjust the flipper unit with the spring and nut on the thread shaft to set the amount of resistance you get when trying to flip the knife over.

60DYu5x.jpg

This sharpener comes with a built in parking hook for the guide rod so you can hang the guide rod up rather then taking it right off the sharpener when flipping the knife over.

The guide rod for this knife sharpener can use the dual sided Venev stones and the regular edge pro stones that are mounted to blanks.

KRc8rXM.jpg

You can also use an angle cube with this sharpener if want to,all you need to do is put the angle cube on the backside of the sharpener by the mast and have the of the angle cube so it is not facing the front of the sharpener but rather to the side then zero the angle cube and put it on the guide rod.

I was talking to Yuri the owner of sharpeningstones.ru before writing this review and I suggested to him about including a peace of magnetic steel that goes on top of the stone holder on the guide rod to hold place the angle cube because the black peace's are made of aluminum and so the magnets in the angle cube are useless,Yuri said that he has had other people ask him about this and is planning on addressing this in the future.

My final thought's on this sharpener would be is to suggest to anyone who wants a clamp based system that can use edge pro format stones and is on a budget look at this sharpener,it is made of fairly thick aluminum and steel and this sharpener cost's about 200 usd and about 30 to 35 usd to ship it by EMS witch is around a 12 to 15 day service to Canada and the USA,it takes more time for items to leave Russia then it does for them to be delivered to you once the item leaves Russia.

I also thought in this review I would also mention that sharpeningstones.ru also carry's really good Silicon Carbide sharpening stones called Gritalon and they are better then the TSProf also known as Grinderman stones and the Congress Tool's SIC stones as well both of witch I have also used.

The Gritalon stones cut faster and wear slow then the any Silicon Carbide stone I have ever used and they are also dirt cheap,they come mounted to an edge pro blank and cost between 5.63 usd and 7.23 usd a peace.

All of sharpeningstones.ru prices are in rubles and you can easily figure out the price by looking at the price in rubles and enter into google for example 350 rubles to usd for folks in the USA and 350 rubles to Cad for folks in Canada and it will tell you what it works out to.

Also if you see a price like 4.400 rubles do not enter the decimal into google just 4400 to usd or Cad and that is it or it won't convert right.

Good job, Wade!
Gritomatic is a partner of Vector and we will start selling regular Vector soon.

With stuff like this I always like to take lot's of pictures and point thing's out,I have seen other reviews where there was only one or two pictures that were taken and you couldn't see half the stuff they were talking about and always frustrates me.

impressive reviewing efforts you invested in 1 post!! o_O
yuri must be very pleased.

scnr :rolleyes:

:poop:

Last edited:
K kreisler , if you have something to say...say it. Being oblique about it does nobody any good. Otherwise, please desist. Your mixed signals are not helpful.

If you were implying that in some way I got paid or a discount or a free item or compensated in some or anyway for doing this review I want to clear I got nothing period,if you follow me on this forum I often review product's I purchase for the benefit of the members on this forum.

I also if you or anyone else thinks I gave this sharpener a good review because it's a freebie for me and I'll get the benefit of the future use of it,not true because I'm doing something that not a lot people want to do anymore and that's pass it along to a friend of mine in the states who has a KME but would like a clamp based system that use's edge pro format stones,and to be clear and up front about that as well I told him if he pays for the shipping he can have it and the only thing I asked of him was that when he get's it is to post a few reviews on sites that he goes on and that he could give it a thumbs up or down in his reviews.

I'm writing because I'm frustrated or bothered about what you said in your post I just wanted to make sure you and everyone else understands I got nothing at all for reviewing other then the chance to try this sharpener and then pass it along to a friend.

Don't worry no offence was taken I just wanted to be sure that everyone understands that I got nothing for this review.

very well. i'm gonna desist np. it's Xmas Eve, so Merry Xmas everyone!! :cool:

Thanks for reviewing this unit. I always appreciate your posts on the new sharpening gear coming out. You always seem to try stuff I’ve never heard before, but do a good job comparing it to some of the more popular gear in the USA. Thanks wade7575 wade7575 !

Back