Vehement Knives! New acquisitions!

madcap_magician

Farts rainbows.
Platinum Member
Vehement-Family.jpg

Wanted to share my newest acquisitions! Well, a couple older ones.

Top: Dan Tope Knives Kukri, satin-finish CPM3V blade, desert ironwood handle with brass bolsters.
Left: Vehement Knives Tunnel Rat, satin "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, polished OD micarta Moran-style handle.
Second from Left: Tunnel Rat, black "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, matte OD micarta handle.
Third from Left: Tunnel Rat, satin-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, brown stacked leather handle.
Third from Right: Tunnel Rat, satin "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, polished black micarta handle.
Second from Right: Tunnel Rat, satin-finish CPM3V blade, nickel silver guard, polished natural micarta handle.
Right: Vehement Knives/Kopis Design Oxus, machine satin-finish CPM3V blade, brass hardware, matte OD micarta handle.
Bottom: Dan Tope Knives Lucky Seven (#7 of 25), beadblasted CPM3V blade, lightning-strike carbon fiber over blue fiber liners with copper hardware.

love it bud! Grabbed a Kukri and Lucky 7 as well :D Saw the Tunnel Rat drop, but wasn't in a position to pick one up this time... Need to find an aftermarket Grunt though... that thing speaks to me :thumbsup:

love it bud! Grabbed a Kukri and Lucky 7 as well :D Saw the Tunnel Rat drop, but wasn't in a position to pick one up this time... Need to find an aftermarket Grunt though... that thing speaks to me :thumbsup:

Sadly the Grunt as we know it will not return. I can't bring myself to pay ~$500 for a knife that retailed at $170.

are they made by him or by bark river? I notice that the choices for many dan tope = a2 or 3v, which is causing my spidy sense to tingle a bit

great looking blades!

are they made by him or by bark river? I notice that the choices for many dan tope = a2 or 3v, which is causing my spidy sense to tingle a bit

great looking blades!
Dan works exclusively in 3v these days for midtechs (customs obviously vary by customer request). He did have a couple BRK collabs in the past (Brokk, Recon, Vidarr). For the midtechs, my understanding is that he pays the BRK crew to help finish the blades due to the volume (scales, edge grind, etc.).

great looking blades!

The model seems to be three tiers - full custom, midtech, and production. The midtech is mostly done by the respective maker and those in his shop. The production are done by Bark River.

These ones are midtechs. Matt Martin at Vehement does his midtechs all in shop.

Vehement-Family.jpg

Wanted to share my newest acquisitions! Well, a couple older ones.

Top: Dan Tope Knives Kukri, satin-finish CPM3V blade, desert ironwood handle with brass bolsters.
Left: Vehement Knives Tunnel Rat, satin "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, polished OD micarta Moran-style handle.
Second from Left: Tunnel Rat, black "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, matte OD micarta handle.
Third from Left: Tunnel Rat, satin-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, brown stacked leather handle.
Third from Right: Tunnel Rat, satin "Tigerlypse"-finish CPM3V blade, brass guard, polished black micarta handle.
Second from Right: Tunnel Rat, satin-finish CPM3V blade, nickel silver guard, polished natural micarta handle.
Right: Vehement Knives/Kopis Design Oxus, machine satin-finish CPM3V blade, brass hardware, matte OD micarta handle.
Bottom: Dan Tope Knives Lucky Seven (#7 of 25), beadblasted CPM3V blade, lightning-strike carbon fiber over blue fiber liners with copper hardware.
Very nice! :thumbsup:
I can see a Randall "influence" on them.

Very nice collection! I am thinking about the Oxus as a christmas present for myself - may I ask: How thick is it behind the edge, still usable for cutting or more like a ground prybar?

Very nice collection! I am thinking about the Oxus as a christmas present for myself - may I ask: How thick is it behind the edge, still usable for cutting or more like a ground prybar?

Depends on what you are comparing it to, its not a razor thin slicer, but its not a prybar either.

Back