Very Large Bowie

NO the blade is not cracked. The knife simply would not fit into my light box the way they are supposed to. Rather than trying to photoshop the lines out I figured we could all look at it and go "Oh those are shadow lines".

Anyways, a regular collector of my knives asked if I could make him a great big hunking chunk of bowie. So I did.

The knife is 20 inches overall with 14" from guard to tip. The blade is hollow ground 440C, the guard and butt cap are 416 while the handle itself is black G10.

First completed knife of 2020.

I really do appreciate your comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Steve
bents-bowie-1.jpg bents-bowie-2.jpg

Beautiful knife, but...

Did he specifically request hollow ground? Because that's just wrong on a classic Bowie.

Hmmmm, the blade is stainless steel, I believe a classic bowie would be carbon steel. The guard and butt cap are 416 stainless, on a classic they would be brass. The handle is G10 on a classic it would be wood. I think we can safely say this is not meant to be a classic bowie, although I think the style is very classy. :D

I would accept 'Large bowie,' as specifying a size and specific shape more than a material. Pleasing the paying customer would be most important to me. Each of us has a style, hopefully a nitch market of why customers choose us over another maker. Great to be creative, fool with older ideas, come up with a new look, base it on an older idea, reference it to the old idea. Have to name it something! I can see performance advantages in a hollow ground bowie. Keep it up! I like how this looks!

Back