• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Vest Bowie **SOLD**

TK Steingass

Knifemaker - Buckeye
Knifemaker / Craftsman / Service Provider
Gentlemen:

For your consideration is this Vest Bowie in stabilized English Walnut/W-2. The english walnut handle was hand rubbed to 2500 grit and waxed to bring out the figure - it is exhibition grade with lots of marble cake and sweeping crotch flames on both sides. The flat ground blade has a rounded spine and ricasso with thumb serrations in the spine....it is satin finished with 600 grit pull strokes. The hidden tang is set in the handle with G/flex marine grade epoxy and a stainless pin. Both the single guard and the black Richlite spacer have fullered grooves. The swedge is not sharpened - I can sharpen it at the buyer's request. I hope you like it! The first "I'll take it," PM, or email gets it. $600 delivered CONUS. Paypal preferred to tsteingass@yahoo.com. Thanks for viewing and all comments are appreciated.

V/R,

TK

.210" W-2 stock
HT to Rc 59-60
10" OAL
5 1/2" Flat ground blade
Rounded spine with thumb serrations
Stabilized exhibition grade English Walnut
Fullered single guard/black Richlite spacer
Stainless guard/spacer
600 Grit satin finish blade
Nearly sharp swedge
RH horizontal carry brown sheath

hunter-vest.jpg hunter-vest-sheath.jpg

Last edited:
Id love to pull that puppy out of my suit coat pocket in the local Outback Steak House and start carving on a hunk of meat....No doubt fellow diners would be drooling not at the plate but at the utensils....Amazing work..Love that Black Walnut..Burl, Smurl....Give me good old figured (All Species) Black Walnut and blued steel...The combination has worked on guns AND knives for a couple of hundred years now...Your marriage of them is exemplary.Not taking anything from one of the old masters...However...personal tastes accounted for... I like your interpretation better than Jerry Fisk's..

Last edited:
Back