Veterans Discount

It would be really excellent of Spyderco would offer a veterans discount. Is Sal a veteran?

The OpFocus program applies to U.S. active duty law enforcement and military members and military veterans. It's a great program that allows us to truly show our thanks for your service.

BTW, Sal is not a veteran, but the Spyderco Crew does include a number of veterans.

Stay safe,

Mike

Man I am glad I read this thread. As long as Ive carried a spydie, I have no clue how I havent found this info until tonight

Man I am glad I read this thread. As long as Ive carried a spydie, I have no clue how I havent found this info until tonight
It didn't used to be a great deal like it potentially is now. A few years ago when I looked into you could still buy Spydercos for around, or less than 50%, of the factory pricing and when you added shipping that retailers weren't charging it didn't make sense. Now with the MAP prices creeping closer to full MSRP this program does appear to offer a good discount. I am still not 100% convinced though because it would depend how much Spyderco charges for the shipping on items under $150 and if they charge tax. Both of those things could put you right back to what the retailer charges.

Opfocus is awesome and extremely generous for us veterans. I just picked this Ikuchi up today for $100!

20190401_164816-04.jpeg

Opfocus is awesome and extremely generous for us veterans. I just picked this Ikuchi up today for $100!

Congrats! :)

Every time I've looked since it was moved from the "New Product Reveal" to the "New" page, it's just shown as "out of stock." Just haven't caught it at the "right" time yet. :(

Oh well . . . just have to keep on looking.

Congrats! :)

Every time I've looked since it was moved from the "New Product Reveal" to the "New" page, it's just shown as "out of stock." Just haven't caught it at the "right" time yet. :(

Oh well . . . just have to keep on looking.
I know what you mean. I've had the same problem with the Smock.

Care to share your initial impressions? That's one that I have been eyeballing.
It's great overall. Disappears in pocket, smooth deployment using my index finger on the wheel. A bit awkward trying to "bic flick" with my thumb. Very sharp with even grinds. Compression lock is a little challenging to get my finger into (cutout could be a little bit larger for my taste). Fit and finish are typical outstanding Taichung quality. I'm very pleased so far.

Signing up. Thanks Spyderco and Sal.

Makes sense for me as the only new purchases these past couple of years have been Spydercos for me. Besides customs.

S/F

I had no idea about this. Spyderco is such a great company. Thank you, Sal.

Signed up!

Back