Vic Delémont evo s14 tweezers and toothpick?

I’ve been eyeing the Vic Delémont s14 for a little while now. For me, it’s a Vic sportsman with scissors.

I was wondering if the Delémont series toothpicks/tweezers are still wenger style or are they converted to victorinox style?

New production is rationalized with Victorinox toothpicks/tweezers. Last time I checked, Wenger style replacements for older knives were still cheap and easy to find.

Edited: After looking at he Delémont series more closely, it looks like the Can opener, awl, tweezers and toothpick have gone Vic style while the other tools have remained the same.

Last edited:
Edited: After looking at he Delémont series more closely, it looks like the Can opener, awl, tweezers and toothpick have gone Vic style while the other tools have remained the same.

And the saw and the combo tool. Victorinox began phasing out the less effective Wenger tools when they bought Wenger in 2005. I don't miss Wenger's edge-less scratch awls and gap-toothed wood saw.

show_image.php

show_image.php

Wenger's can opener was quicker but less generally useful. I never got around to timing Wenger's old combo tool (which may have influenced the Klingon martial arts).

show_image.php

main-qimg-6b56c62aa14899d94ef46ebcef905f14-c

Victorinox's Delémont Collection (2014) replaced Wenger's skinny tweezers/toothpicks. Two Wenger knives I liked depended on the old tweezers/toothpicks and they are history. The Pocket Tool Chest used the tweezers hook to extract the battery tray; the Classic 66 (a Lumberjack with corkscrew) would have needed a redesigned handle.

wenger_mtc-jpg.407981

classic66_5-jpg.288931

Back