Victorinox Delemont models(ex wenger) excellent quality...

These models with locking blades made in delemont are of excellent quality and perfect edc.I love their locking blades and ergo handles.The are like all victorinox-wenger flawless and of excellent quality.Too bad other companies do not have this kind of quality control especially for price.Will be buying more for sure.Some of the ones I checked in store today will be ordering online because of better prices.

25556220118_2c0e0ac087_c.jpg
24560108677_55bbc1144a_c.jpg

Très bons couteaux!Photos show Victorinox Evowood S557 and evogrip the biggest S54

Last edited:
I like all Saks but carry 2 layer and one layer ones for edc on keychain or pocket.these delemonts are amazing as I had and really liked Wenger too,along with victorinox.locking blade on these is excellent.

I have one locking Wenger, i think its a S10 model. I really like it, it seems regular pocket time.

I've always felt the Wenger's were the under estimated SAK's. Kind of like the cousin from the other side of the tracks. Maybe unfairly not have the rep, but you can count on them not to let you down.

In the "good old days," Wenger's 85mm and 65mm knives had a reputation for inferior fit and finish compared to Victorinox's 84mm and 58mm equivalents. My limited experience was buying a Wenger Classic 66 second hand on eBay. I liked the design (Lumberjack + corkscrew) and bought a new one after Victorinox acquired Wenger in 2005 and began rationalizing production. My old Classic 66 was a well used 10 year-old advertising knife, but for what it's worth the new one was better fitted and Victorinox's 84mm wood saw was a better tool than Wenger's gap-toothed 85mm saw.

show_image.php

show_image.php

Wenger's 120mm and 130mm knives were big impressive knives with great reputations, but smaller knives were both firms' bread & butter.

Last edited:
The ones I had were on par with victorinox and very well made .I still have one of the ergo grips marked Wenger and it has perfect fit and finish.the new ones are excellent quality and ill buy couple :). love thin locking blade on Wenger models and small clip point blade.handles are nice too.I wish they kept Wenger logo,that's the only thing I liked better on old ones.and as Jackknife said Wenger Sam never let me down and I used the scrap out of one but unfortunately left it somewhere in Europe few years ago.their can opener is better than victorinoxes in my opinion:).I found one nos Wenger and might get that too.their soldier alox model is superb knife.I unfortunately lost that one too.

After buying so many knives and tactical folders etc I just mostly carry Saks and find them most useful for most tasks and best bang for buck.the other ones I almost never use and they sit on shelf.best knives ever for edc for sure.

I really like Vic SAKs and carry a Tinker or Deluxe Tinker all the time. Have several old Wenger's which are excellent. Sorry folks but I dislike the Evo grip (all models), just feel uncomfortable to hold and use. I'll stick with the standard Vics.

Rich

Wenger had good quality and I never had problem with it.only defective sak I had was Victorinox and it had problem with spring.all other Victorinox knives were flawless.love both Vic and Wenger,and now swiza as its good quality too.

I actually just got my first two Delémonts today. An evogrip 14 and an evo s14.

A few gripes I have is 1) that the corkscrew has side to side wobble in both of them in the closed position. They are solid when deployed. 2) the s14 lock protrudes quite a bit and covers up the nail nick on the scissors. The protruding lock also snags on my pocket edge if I pull it out the wrong way. 3) the evo handle scales are thicker than the vic scales due to the contours in the cellidor.

An unexpected bonus is the half stop on the s14 blade. It makes one handed closing of the lock safer. Push lock with thumb and close blade with index finger - blade goes to half stop - move thumb out of the way - close blade the remainder of the way.

Out of curiosity, does anyone else have wobble in their corkscrews when closed on the 85mm delemonts?

Since the wobble occurs on both my model 14 and s14, I was wondering if it was “within normal”.

Last edited:
Back