Victorinox Farmer keyring/lanyard hole is uncomforatble

Um, anyone who prefers Alox has elected to forego the corkscrew. I think the last time I used a corkscrew on a cork was back in the 1970s.
When it comes to phillips vs corkscrew, I choose corkscrew all the way because I dislike that T screwdriver.
I prefer opening wine bottles with the can opener though ...
The sharp key ring attachment is the only thing I dislike about Victorinox's Alox models. I'd be all for them to go back to the hollow rivet at the awl/large screwdriver end. I can't imagine the hollow rivet would be any more expensive than having that keyring attachment. I've never taken the keyring attachment off, though. I never know when I'll need to attach a lanyard. The main reason I dislike that thing is it potentially creates far more pocket wear. It's sharp and sticks out too much. Hasn't really bothered me during use, though.Jim
Actually it bothers me during use so I removed the nub on one of my Farmers. And I must say the modified one is MUCH MORE comfortable to use. But having a lanyard when in ie. canoe is too important for me ...

I WANT HOLLOW RIVET!!!!!!!

PS: I even thought about cutting the bottle opener and drilling a key hole into it but I can't stand such a mutilation ...

For 40 years every single SAK I have ever bought gets that lanyard stud removed as soon as possible. If I really need to retain the knife it goes in a flapped pouch on my belt. I have seen too much gear snag on stuff with lanyards on it.

I WANT HOLLOW RIVET!!!!!!!

Me too, that's a great alternative

When it comes to phillips vs corkscrew, I choose corkscrew all the way because I dislike that T screwdriver.

I have taken my white Huntsman with me on picnics and Wenger Traveler out to dinner since I've owned them and now as the recipient of Jack"s generosity I'll carry the faux Scientist he gifted me. That one's generated a lot of attention among the family at home already ;) :) .

As for the keyring extension? I never thought about it till this 9 year old necrothread rose from the grave, my guess would be that it doesn't bother me and if it does I change grips or grab a different knife. If I have to bear down that hard to cut what I'm cuttin', I'm usin' the wrong knife.

Back