Victorinox Pioneer X

Did it just come out? I looked for one like it with red scales. Love their scissors. Coincidentally I just ordered a Boker Plus Tech Tool City 3 for a similar size multi-tool. I have no idea yet how it stacks up against Victorinox/SAK. The scissors and corkscrew functions are critical. I'll soon see.

GeORVsb.jpg

Last edited:
It came out in 2016 from what i read. Never seen the Pioneer X in any other colors yet.

I've seen the Boker knives you're talking about at a sporting goods store. Haven't handled them though.

Tell me what you think about it when it comes in.

If I had seen the Pioneer X I might have gotten it. My usual EDC is a bigger SAK and a Shiro F3. Those scissors are damn useful but it'd be nice to slim it down.

Which model SAK do you currently carry? I carried my black swiss champ yesterday. I call it "The Brick" because it weighs a ton. But it has everything on it but the kitchen sink.

I really didn't notice the bulk or weight of it surprisingly. :)

Which model SAK do you currently carry? I carried my black swiss champ yesterday. I call it "The Brick" because it weighs a ton. But it has everything on it but the kitchen sink.

I really didn't notice the bulk or weight of it surprisingly. :)

^^
This.

I carry my wood SwissChamp everywhere and never really do notice the weight either! :) For my pocket though I always carry my alox MiniChamp... which I just lost tonight :(

20180602_170548.jpg

I just replaced all these beauties that I eventually had to sell many months back - they're all out in the mail + a black alox pioneer! ♡ I just missed my collection way too much.

That's nice! I did get a Soldier knife (new) off eBay a few years ago. I like the old one better than the new OHO Soldier knife they have now.

An Alox Huntsman, that could be very nice. I've had an X since they came out, and mine gets carried a fair bit. I have that for urban carry, farmer for the woods, a copper scaled compact and a normal compact for when the mood strikes.

DwNBwul.jpg

Pioneer X is like pioneer but more awesome. I also like the added thickness.

The only gripe I have is that they reversed the scissors compared to regular SAK. Feels akward to open.

I wish Vic would do farmer X next. That would be perfect!
I that idea the other day for a Farmer with scissors.

Opening the scissors on the Pioneer X is different. :(

Back