Victorinox Pioneer X

I thought an Alox Huntsman would be pretty cool, so I built this a while back. It's been dangling in my left front pocket every day for over a year now.
Nice job on the "Alox Huntsman" Jack! With the awl and Phillips head screwdriver opening from the tool's end, it appears even a more useful than the regular Huntsman. Could a combo tool (can and bottle opener) be used to make it only 3 layers or is the width of can and bottle openers together needed ??? yablanowitz yablanowitz

Last edited:
2B105174-8FF5-4DF2-B097-88753AE6350F.jpeg Interestingly the MiniChamp has liners, but the Waiter does not. Both knives were made by Bob Lessard.

I usually carry a Pioneer or Electrician in my coin pocket. I know the X is thicker but those scissors would be handy. Is it too thick for coin pocket carry?

How tight are your jeans? I've had some with a coin pocket that could handle a Swisschamp and others that a quarter would gouge my hip.

I don’t have an Alox Pioneer X (yet), but I do have a Farmer which looks to have the same closed dimensions. It is not at all too thick for me in jeans. I’m not sure I’d want to go much thicker, but I suspect it’ll be fine.

I don’t have an Alox Pioneer X (yet), but I do have a Farmer which looks to have the same closed dimensions. It is not at all too thick for me in jeans. I’m not sure I’d want to go much thicker, but I suspect it’ll be fine.
The scissors do add a bit to the girth, for sure. The Farmer is the perfect thickness, in my view, but for urban use the Pioneer X is damn useful. :)

Here ‘tis:

duU1JXy.jpg

RcsOsKV.jpg

:)

EDIT oops wrong thread sorry :oops:

Last edited:
I bought the Pioneer X because I thought it looked like a cool knife. I did not expect it to be as useful as it is or that it would bump my Leatherman and an automatic to become the daily carry that it has.

I bought the Pioneer X because I thought it looked like a cool knife. I did not expect it to be as useful as it is or that it would bump my Leatherman and an automatic to become the daily carry that it has.

I'm starting to think something similar. For all my Benchmades and Spydercos I find carrying something like a Pioneer X is perfect for day to day carry. I really don't need anything else. I attach an Olight i3e to the lanyard ring and I'm good to go. It's nice to have those expensive knives, but in all honesty I don't really need them as I'm a light user.

I'm starting to think something similar. For all my Benchmades and Spydercos I find carrying something like a Pioneer X is perfect for day to day carry. I really don't need anything else. I attach an Olight i3e to the lanyard ring and I'm good to go. It's nice to have those expensive knives, but in all honesty I don't really need them as I'm a light user.

You, me and 99% of the folks in this world are light users. The ugly truth is, theres a good reason that Victorinox is the worlds largest knife company and ships something like 35 million knives a year. Outside of obsessed collectors and fan boys on this forum, a SAK will meet the needs of most knife users world wide. :thumbsup:

Yup. That PX is really all I need, except when I am in the water. It has replace my small Leathermans, and a whole lot of pocket knives. I do not even carry my larger knives anymore.

The ONLY thing I do not care for is that stupid key ring attachment that that eats up my pockets.

Back