victorinox - swissbianco color alox soldier

swissbianco

hello,

a while back, swiss army brand did import the last alox soldier into usa.

the soldier is for us swiss one if not the ultimate swiss army knife - because most of us got one as we joined the swiss military service.

the differences between the still imported pioneer and the soldier are that the blade has no yearstamp (on the true military contract sak), no splitring, the alox scales have no engraving plate and the victorinox shield is replaced by an true swiss cross logo. this all is on the alox soldier 1961 model, latest version.

so, to keep this important sak model up, i plan to offer some colored versions and need your feedback. regarding the colors used we will be complete free, since we do the anodising in style of the original red alox soldier - all over the scales, no alu silver color logo etc. this is historically correct and that way we want go.

im thinking of course about swissred. then orange, black, olivegreen and maybe purple.

any suggestions? they will be limited runs of course :D

historyofsak2.jpg
the red one is an original

these soldier sak will be like the 2. one from top, solid rivets, swiss cross shield scales and complete red or else colored. hope that make it clear...

an olive green Soldier would be cool, I like the gunmetal color as well

Swiss Red, orange, Pine Green for change (everything's olive) and sky blue would be cool. I call shotgun for Green Soldier though :D

I'd like to see one in canary yellow. And +1 for jampa's sky blue as well :thumbup:

there are serveral blue to choose, same with "metal" grayish. by yellow, its not easy in aluminum as this color is never an true yellow but an goldish, orangish, metalshining version and never an yellow as say an paint. gold and orange we have.

of course, splash will be made again as soon possible too.

im happy that nobody did complain jet that it will be the alox soldier sak and not the pioneer. we have here pioneer enough for now.

regarding the blade, the tang should have the 10 there, since how it looks at the factory, they dont did any 10 (2010) yearstamp on 93mm blades, i will kindly ask for laserengrave an 10 there. we have to go with the time...

Roger, thanks for keeping the original Soldier alive. My favorites, in order, would be red, orange, and purple.

--Larry

Feel free to assume I always want some shade of ORANGE.

BTW, orange scales with a bail would be the cat's meow. :thumbup:

I would love a black one. Any update on when they will be available, price etc?

Since it's a Soldier I'd love to see it in military'ish colors. Something like a hard annodized green/gray like a Surefire light. I also think light earth/coyote brown would be cool.
Is there any chance of the year being stamped in the tang like the old ones? If that's possible I think that would better than laser engraving.

by the yearstamp we have no chance to have that stamped, not unless the whole sak will be way more expensive. but an quality laserengraving is second best and we will use the exact style of 10 as on the current new issue soldier visual.

the first color will be red.

some collector friends and i did discuss this matter and from an man from las vegas came an interesting point that we will incorporate too, i will tell in time. next to the damascus sak this run is one of my biggest dreams become reality in the 93mm range :D

Any chance of getting another run of red alox (or any color alox) soldiers done? I would LOVE to have a chance to get one.

first run will be 70 pcs all red. say 15ish of these will have fileworked main blades. of this 70 pcs we wil have 25 firesteel ones.

the engraving design is in the work too, the fileworked blades are allready in swiss and only the scales needs to be allover swissred hardanodised. mr fischlin work on assemble 25 pcs firesteel attatchments and then we can start assemble the whole 2011 sak.

Back