Victorinox Yeoman

Mus

Hi Guys, I just purchased an original Yeoman 3 layer but the scales and scissor spring have recently been changed due to maintenance. Will this effect the originality of the knife or is new knife scales a minor that does not effect its authenticity?

I wouldn't worry, unless you found one new in box, its value isn't going to be a retirement fund. So yeah, replacement parts and refurb are very common on older SAKs and in general don't greatly effect it. Enjoy it!

If the original scales of the Yeoman were the Boy Scouts of America scales and you have the BSA box with it i’d say that the originality of the knife is certainly affecter by the BSA scales missing, since it’s no longer a matching set (and the BSA Yeoman are the most rare).

In terms of value, you probably lost part of the value but it’s not like you’re talking about a $100 loss, since these knives are not that expensive to begin with.

bsa%20yeoman%201.jpg

bsa%20yeoman%203.jpg

I wouldn't worry, unless you found one new in box, its value isn't going to be a retirement fund. So yeah, replacement parts and refurb are very common on older SAKs and in general don't greatly effect it. Enjoy it!
Thank you for clearing this up for me

If the original scales of the Yeoman were the Boy Scouts of America scales and you have the BSA box with it i’d say that the originality of the knife is certainly affecter by the BSA scales missing, since it’s no longer a matching set (and the BSA Yeoman are the most rare).

In terms of value, you probably lost part of the value but it’s not like you’re talking about a $100 loss, since these knives are not that expensive to begin with.

bsa%20yeoman%201.jpg

bsa%20yeoman%203.jpg
Ok i didn't know none of this and the knife hasn't arrived yet to do some detective work on it. Its wasn't advertised as a BSA version and has been replaced with the non plus scales.

Victorinox-Yeoman-Swiss-Army-Knife-Rare.jpg

Ok i didn't know none of this and the knife hasn't arrived yet to do some detective work on it. Its wasn't advertised as a BSA version and has been replaced with the non plus scales.

Victorinox-Yeoman-Swiss-Army-Knife-Rare.jpg

Victorinox-Yeoman-Swiss-Army-Knife-Rare-13296006.jpg

This was the description.

Very rare discontinued Victorinox Yeoman
blade, scissors, magnifying glass, Phillips head screwdriver, combo tool (bottle opener, can opener, wire stripper), hook, corkscrew, toothpick, tweezers, keyring.

Recently refurbished: new red scales, new toothpick and tweezers, new scissors spring.

Good condition: all tools snap well apart from blade which could use oil, a little wear on grey magnifying glass case and Phillips head screwdriver, but all well functional.

bsa%20yeoman%201.jpg

bsa%20yeoman%203.jpg
This one you have looks mint. What a lovely tool!

Back