1. Week 49 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Spyderco C41GP5 Native 5 G10 + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Dec 7 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here

victorinox

Discussion in 'General Knife Discussion' started by rustyspike, Dec 2, 2019 at 3:04 PM.

1. rustyspike

rustyspike

Jan 17, 2016
    Just got this. Boy is it nice. I have knives costing way more.

[​IMG]

2. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    Nice - black Alox Pioneer X.

3. 22-rimfire

22-rimfire Gold Member Gold Member

Nov 20, 2005
    Is this your first Vic SAK? The Pioneer X is a favorite for regular carry with folks that prefer to have a scissors.

Been pleased with Victorinox products for years. I carry a Vic Small Tinker every day.

4. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    Yup. So do I.

And I carry a Super Tinker.

5. Therom

Therom

Nov 13, 2013
    Small rambler on the keychain every day :)
    Long time spartan and tinker user
    Just got a bantam Alox today and may get a pioneer next

Pomsbz likes this.
  6. craytab

craytab Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 26, 2012
    I believe this is a super tinker. It has scissors. Phillips rather than corkscrew which is nice. Hard to find in the sapphire blue. Carry this most days.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. vwb563

vwb563 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 29, 2007
    Nice!

8. marcinek

marcinek Gold Member Gold Member

Jan 9, 2007
    The "perpendicular" Phillips on the Super Tinker is amazing.

Only thing I dont use is the hook, but if I ever get some brown paper packages wrapped up with string, I will be set.

9. marsturm

marsturm Gold Member Gold Member

Mar 25, 2008
    The quality and value of Victorinox knives, especially the Alox models, are outstanding. High on my list of, "if I could only pick one knife", it would be my Farmer.

Wharn, Frontiersteve, Pomsbz and 3 others like this.
  10. tiguy7

tiguy7 Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 25, 2008
    image.jpeg image.jpeg I can't figure out what model this is. It has a lot of Tinkerish features. It's missing the awl, hook, and small blade, but has a pocket clip, small screw driver, and a 1/4" bit driver.

DB_Cruiser likes this.
  11. Grandmaster

Grandmaster Gold Member Gold Member

Jun 14, 2015
    I always carry the pioneer (without scissors) as my secondary blade, great tool

Jody744 and mjw88 like this.
  12. DrRollinstein

DrRollinstein Gold Member Gold Member

Feb 20, 2018
    I carry a Victorinox whenever i have an extra pocket or dont have my leatherman for some reason. Ive got 4 of them, but the super tinker is my favorite

13. lieferung

lieferung Basic Member Basic Member

May 24, 2016
    That's a sharp looking tool. The SAKs are so clean and refined, I've always eyed the storm trooper Spartan model.

14. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Looks GREAT in black Alox !
    Thanks for posting it.

rustyspike likes this.
  15. Wowbagger

Wowbagger Basic Member Basic Member

Sep 20, 2015
    You got that right.
    I was watching a review of a lock back the other night and the reviewer said that he finally got a lock back and then said he used to carry a SAK and that they are crap. I wanted to reach through the screen and choke him. Any body that out of touch should not be doing knife reviews. He claimed his SAK folded up on him all the time.
    Proves he doesn't know how to use a slip joint. Strike two.

Nah the more I buy and use other brands of high production slip joints the more I appreciate how consistently well SAKs are made !

Sharp & Fiery, Pomsbz and Jim Bob like this.
  16. lambertiana

lambertiana Gold Member Gold Member

Jul 7, 2000
    Victorinox is the one brand that I will buy sight unseen without the slightest worry that it will have a QC problem. The most consistent quality around.

sodak, DB_Cruiser and Pomsbz like this.
  17. rustyspike

rustyspike

Jan 17, 2016
    Thanks all for the comments. Its my second lost the first. lol. Its one wicked blade. Or lets say tool.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019 at 9:53 PM
  18. James Y

James Y

Feb 18, 1999
    I’ve been using Victorinox SAKs for nearly 40 years and have never had one come close to folding up during use.

Truth be told, I consider Victorinox to be the gold standard in quality and consistency against which all other brands are judged.

I always have two SAKs on me; a Spartan and an Executive. Sometimes I swap out the Spartan for my Alox Pioneer.

Jim

sodak, jmh33 and J D Wijbenga like this.
  19. irons

irons

Oct 19, 2018
    I know it's a personal thing but when guys talk about great walk and talk. It reminds me that of all the slip joints I own, I prefer the victorinox knives to the more expensive and fancy ones when it comes to using them. Great little knives/tools.

20. mabrowns

mabrowns

Apr 18, 2012
    Victorinox Classic of some in my pocket