Victorinox

I have at least 2 each (some as many as 3 or 4) of the following Victoinox knives/tools.

Camping
camper1d.jpg

Farmer Red Alox
farmerredaloxribbed1.jpg

Farmer Silver Alox
farmersilveraloxribbed1.jpg

Fieldmaster
fieldmasterredcompositi.jpg

Hiker
hikerredcompositionclam.jpg

Huntsman
huntsman1.jpg

All are great knives/tools. Put a set of Leatherman pliers on em somehow and they would be perfect.

Last edited:
Damn I wish I knew about the fieldmaster a few weeks ago. I keep saying how I would rather have a Phillips driver than a cork screw like on my huntsman. Is that one easy to find and price wise is it around the huntsman?

My current "oldest" Vic is a 79 soldier that I picked up at a fundraiser sale. the previous owner had used a pretty aggressive power wheel to sharpen it, so the blade has an odd shape, but a little convex work with a leather patch and some compound, and it is one of my favorites, a very solid workhorse. I also have a newer soldier (01) a pioneer settler, and a huntsman that see use.

Damn I wish I knew about the fieldmaster a few weeks ago. I keep saying how I would rather have a Phillips driver than a cork screw like on my huntsman. Is that one easy to find and price wise is it around the huntsman?

Fieldmaster is a great knife, I picked one up at an Academy Sports when I was stationed at Fort Bliss, Texas, (El Paso).

i had many victorinox, wenger, and some kind of swiss navy knife when i was younger but everyone was lost or broken. the oldest one i still have is a deluxe tinker that my dad found in the woods about 10 years ago. the others are a few classics, fieldmaster and champion.

I'm not so interested in the one handed openers. I like the simple design, plus I usually have a different blade on me. If not...... I can't remember the last time this was an issue.

My mother gave me my first SAK in Switzerland when I was 7 or 8. I managed to cut myself with it as soon as I got it (we were on a tour bus) and I bled for over an hour! Wish I still had that knife.

I never leave home without a black Huntsman now. Bought it four or five years ago and it comes in handy virtually every day. I last used it to open up a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon. :)

My first real knife was a Wenger version of the SD classic so I've always found the SAK kind of special I've had a few model through the years but the one that is always in my pocket with the rest of my EDC gear is my Victroinox Recruit it's just a very simplistic yet useful model.

I have multiples of the Swisschamp, and Explorer Plus. I also have a Champion Plus, Hiker, Deluxe Tinker, Supertinker, Fieldmaster. I may have others that I'm not remembering at the moment. The Champion Plus gets carried everyday throughout the year. The Swisschamp gets carried during the summer when I'm teaching archaeology field schools (and I always have one at home and in my Element so that one is near pretty much all of the time. The others are in a variety of packs and in different rooms of the house. All are used from time to time, others are used regularly. They are just too useful to stick in a drawer and be forgotten IMO.

Today, a co-worker of mine showed me a Victorinox that he keeps in his pocket for EDC. He has been carrying it since 1979.

If you had to pick just 1, which model is your personnel favorite?

LOL - my guess is that Sithus isn't very good at picking just 1.

Just sayin' . . .

For me I can say without a doubt it is my Cybertool 34. As much as I like my Farmer, Cadet, Ranger, Trekker, One Handed Trekker & Explorer, the Cybertool has been my EDC for over 10 years now and is likely to stay my EDC for over 10 years to come. The bit driver on the Cybertool makes it so handy for anyone that often needs a screwdriver, it's hard to beat.

Back