[video] My new knifemaking process

Hey guys!
It's been way too long since I had a chance to post... I've been really focused on catching up on customer orders over the last year, and finally for the first time in 4 years I'm fully caught-up which is amazing!

Over the last few years I've been working to evolve my process into something that I'm really proud of, and I'm finally getting to that point which is amazing! I just finished editing this new video which shows how everything has shaken out!

As you can see I'm really working to try to blend the best parts of CNC with the best parts of hand-finishing and I think overall it is working out really nicely. I've actually recently started doing the CNC machining portion of the process after heat-treatment (hard-milling) which has improved the finishes I can get off the CNC drastically, and in turn gives me an easier time of hand-finishing which is fantastic!

Specs on the blade from the video:

Overall length: 9"
Blade length: 4.25"
Handle material: Black G10 with Blaze Orange Liners
Blade material: A2 tool steel @ 63HRC w/ DLC coating

High-res photos of the knife from the video:

I'm especially proud of the CNC sheath-making process! It took quite a while to get that figured out, but now it runs incredibly consistently which is amazing!

Thanks for checking out the video, and for all the help when I was just getting started! Let me know if you guys have any questions! I don't have any secrets and love chatting to you guys about knifemaking!

-Aaron

Nice work,

Love that Kydex press

Absolutely remarkable, Aaron. It's indeed a pleasure to watch. Everything you do is so well thought out and executed. I know all of your customers are getting a quality/world class product.

Thank you for all of your other videos. I wish you much continued success.

I've got to watch that video, but where did you get those bright red liners? I LIKE those.

That is so impressive!! Not only from a knifemaking part, but to the CNC work..... and the video editing.

It is clear that you have not overlooked even the smallest detail. Very impressive, this was a treat to watch. Thank you for taking the time to put this together Aaron.

Blessings,
Joshua

Obviously a lot of hard work has gone into getting you to this point. You should be proud.

Great job, I know you've been working on this for a long time. I can't imagine the man hours you've put in. It's very cool to see the process. Thanks for sharing.

Your kydex setup is most impressive. (as is everything else).

Where do you get the hex drive corbies?

I was mesmerized just watching the machinery. It appears knife making is a hobby, compared to what really comes out of that stuff. Can you share the primary use of the equipment? The knives look first class. What steels do you use? Thanks for sharing.

I can tell you that all of Aarons gear is totally dedicated to knife making. I've been a big fan of his since way back, and have watched everything he's posted to YouTube, he is like Nick Wheeler, a man that kindly shares his making experience with the rest of us.

Nice to see you here Aaron!

Back