[video] My new knifemaking process

wow you are one crafty fellow!! The process is so well thought out that I would have total confidence in the end product based purely on the video

Thanks for all the kind response guys! Sorry for being slow on my end, I got on a place to Australia not long after posting so I was without internet for a while!

Nice work,

Love that Kydex press

Thanks Adam! Working out the Kydex stuff took way longer than I thought it would, but it's really paid off. I used to find making the sheaths very arduous, but it's a process I quite enjoy now!

I've got to watch that video, but where did you get those bright red liners? I LIKE those.

All my G10 comes from the amazing crew at Alpha knife supply. That color is actually blaze orange, just looks a tad dark in the photos

Great job, I know you've been working on this for a long time. I can't imagine the man hours you've put in. It's very cool to see the process. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks mate! Yeah it's been a bit of a crazy journey and there's definitely been quite a few moments where I wondered whether going this route was worth it... Bit the knives I'm making now are far and away the best I've ever made so I think that's my own answer! The process is also much less stressful now, which is a major win for me as doing repetitive hand work really clashes with my overall mindset... Some is unavoidable of course, bit at least now it tends to be important high-value stuff!

I was mesmerized just watching the machinery. It appears knife making is a hobby, compared to what really comes out of that stuff. Can you share the primary use of the equipment? The knives look first class. What steels do you use? Thanks for sharing.

As fish stated, my entire shop is dedicated just to knifemaking!

I exclusively use A2, which I run very hard. A2 has a lot of toughness, and run hard like this also has edge retention to match, really great all round steel. Just wish they made an A2 stainless!

Back