Video Sneak Peek 04/25/2016

bonafide

Leather Sheathmaker, JouFuu Leathers
I got caught up on what I wanted to make this week and thought I'd try something new. Here's a video of this week's sneak peek.

Let me know if this is something you'd like to see more of ..

[video]https://youtu.be/WYjhnvknQUU[/video]

Nice video Bud, I enjoyed the sneak peek. I'd like to see more of these in the future if you have the time. Video is so much better than just a picture, you can really see the awesome quality and details that go into your sheaths.

Nice video Bud, I enjoyed the sneak peek. I'd like to see more of these in the future if you have the time. Video is so much better than just a picture, you can really see the awesome quality and details that go into your sheaths.

Thanks for the feedback and I agree .. the video shows the 'ins & outs' that you won't see from the still pics. After making this, I thought about pulling out more of my Fiddlebacks, WA Surls, Fletcher Knives, Osprey Knife & Tool, Jarrett Fleming, Valkyrie, etc (jeez .. I own a lot of knves. lol) and giving people a better aspect of what size and characteristics the different models have when in hand .. and on video.

I hope I have things figured out that gives me more time to catch my breath each week so I can offer more things like this ..

:thumbup::thumbup: Fantastic, Bud. A preview of individual sheaths coming up is VERY helpful and the video format works great. Always great to see sheaths or knives in hand. Hope you can keep doing it. Seeing some of those awesome knives in your collection is an added bonus! Thanks

Absolutely outstanding presentation and showing of your quality sheaths 👍🏻
I'd stop by To to try and snag one Tuesday night but not even going to put my self threw the frustration again as I'm sure by the time I click the post tab they'll all be gone within the first minute as the traditional Tuesday night gang will be sitting at there desks tops with there war faces on ready for action lol .

Awesome Bud!! Really like the video preview [emoji106]

Hoping to snag a couple this week.

I concur .. video preview is really nice and helpful. Thanks!

3 ideas that came to mind for you:

1) Its nice seeing the sheaths on the grid mat to get a better idea of size. Slanted presentation is nice but if they were in line with the grid, folks might be able to perceive length/width a bit better. (maybe rotate the grid or camera 45 degrees and keep the sheaths with slanted presentation)

2) Not sure if folks would like this or not for sharking purposes but you could note what Letter they'll be in the sale. I don't mind the way it is now and I'm not looking to add more work for you but there had been feedback from others recently that it was somewhat a hassle to look through the post, decide what you want and reply quick enough. (for folks who get frustrated with the sale process)

3) I really like seeing the knives in the video in-hand and in motion, esp. if not familiar with the models. Thanks for sharing your smaller blade collection.

Off-topic thought: This gives a nice example to pest Phillip for a FF video preview, esp. to show off the spines and handle width.

^^ Thank you for the feedback ^^

My tripod is a cheaper - thus shorter - version. What I have is about all I can muster from it - angle-wise.

I don't assign a letter/number until after I've taken the 'glamour shots' and some days I'm taking/editing pics literally 1 hour before the thread is posted.

I sent Andy a message already hinting a video preview might be beneficial - but the masses having a conversation with him/crew in their sub-forum is the best place to get that message across. Andy started a thread about 'videoing'. I would suggest starting there or maybe creating a new thread .. or maybe a PM. I try to stay out of Fiddleback's goings-ons.

Again .. THANK YOU for the feedback!! It's much appreciated.

Great video Bud and great idea. T's nice to have such good perspective on what's available. :thumbup:

Also, that Pocket PK sheath also fits Allen's Pocket Puukko. :thumbup:

^^ Thank you for the feedback ^^

My tripod is a cheaper - thus shorter - version. What I have is about all I can muster from it - angle-wise.

Sorry, I don't think I explained the idea very well. I didn't mean camera angle but rather the angle of the gridded mat relative to the sheaths. Picture's worth 1000 words so ..

Current layout is on the left. Layout on the right would give folks that are unfamiliar with the sheaths could get a better idea of size. It doesn't have to be exactly parallel to the lines.

Again, just a thought. :)

Great Idea!! I like seeing all the great sheaths I want ahead of time that I won't be able to score!! WAAA!!!

Sorry, I don't think I explained the idea very well. I didn't mean camera angle but rather the angle of the gridded mat relative to the sheaths. Picture's worth 1000 words so ..

Ahhh .. now I got it! Thanks!

Excellent! Thanks! I just picked up a Puuko from Allen .. love it!

It's definitely an awesome knife. Been carrying it for a week now. The sheath had a Pocket PK in it for about a year so it's not an ideal fit but I would imagine a new sheath would fit it perfectly. They're pretty much the same exact size.

A group shot at the beginning of the video might be another idea.

Last edited:
Seeing this one
B. Scout Pouch, 6-7oz (oiled) leather, RH Carry, Medium Brown w/double stitching, Body Straps, removable dangler; (fits: Duke or Woodsman)

in the sales thread tonight reminded me of a comment I wanted to make when I first saw your video. That sheath is very innovative, versatile and looks great. I love the different carry options it offers. Even though I'd have no need for one of those knives right now, this sheath makes me want to go buy a Duke or Woodsman just so I can get the cool sheath to go with it. Dang .. needs & wants again.

Bit of clarification: Seeing just a picture of this sheath didn't have anywhere near the oooo-ahhhh effect as the video of the knife and sheath together.

Seeing this one
B. Scout Pouch, 6-7oz (oiled) leather, RH Carry, Medium Brown w/double stitching, Body Straps, removable dangler; (fits: Duke or Woodsman)

in the sales thread tonight reminded me of a comment I wanted to make when I first saw your video. That sheath is very innovative, versatile and looks great. I love the different carry options it offers. Even though I'd have no need for one of those knives right now, this sheath makes me want to go buy a Duke or Woodsman just so I can get the cool sheath to go with it. Dang .. needs & wants again.

Bit of clarification: Seeing just a picture of this sheath didn't have anywhere near the oooo-ahhhh effect as the video of the knife and sheath together.

I get it .. definitely. Wish I had a modeling assistant to show more of the sheaths and their features off. I'm sure my wife would model sheaths for me, but we're both busy at separate times of the day .. and I think yall be disappointed when the sheath didnt look as good on you as it did on her. lol. :p

Back