Video with Becker Harpoon

I like that kid. If I'm not mistaken he's been around awhile, seems like you used to post up pic's of your outings back when he was a little feller.
seem like I remember him from back on the old ESEE board.

Do folks gift him free knives at just about any gathering he goes to?

Last edited:
Yeah, he is getting tall. Nice work man, I know that's not easy. I could never do that. He makes some fine feathers too. I remember making feathers with the BK5, using the same part of the blade as he is.

Thanks for sharing. A great way for him to keep busy in all this. And some entertainment for the rest of us. I'm really like the 18s too!

Thanks.
I like that kid. If I'm not mistaken he's been around awhile, seems like you used to post up pic's of your outings back when he was a little feller.
seem like I remember him from back on the old ESEE board.

Do folks gift him free knives at just about any gathering he goes to?
He has been given a few over the years and has always had a passion for the outdoors. He started buying his own with talent show winnings when he first started grade school. I would buy used blades with that money and he would clean them up and force patina designs. Sold pretty well and then reinvest into something else sharp.

We have done quite a bit of testing on maker’s prototypes over the years as well.

He's getting tall!
I can still take him:D

Yeah, he is getting tall. Nice work man, I know that's not easy. I could never do that. He makes some fine feathers too. I remember making feathers with the BK5, using the same part of the blade as he is.

Yeah. He was amazed at how effective the belly transition is. You can run smooth curls from tip to the plunge line.

Appreciate that. Sometimes I wish I had bought him video games. All of his interests are dangerous. :D
You are doing a great job as a Dad. That is a sharp young man. His interests are in the real physical world and that is really, really good. I have teens also and it is a challenge ! My sons(17+13)have a healthy mix of both. They love playing games online with friends, are excellent with technology AND they like woodworking, fishing and shooting. Oh.....and knives of course !

Back