Vietnam sog knife seki Japan

I will have some pictures up shortly but I inherited this knife from my dad that was in special forces during Vietnam War and he brought this knife home told me it was one of a kind and told me there were not many like it i haven't found any online that resembles it at all......it has a box up toward the cross bar of the knife and seki japan on the other side I will get some pictures posted soon........is there any value in a knife like this.........

I will have some pictures up shortly but I inherited this knife from my dad that was in special forces during Vietnam War and he brought this knife home told me it was one of a kind and told me there were not many like it i haven't found any online that resembles it at all......it has a box up toward the cross bar of the knife and seki japan on the other side I will get some pictures posted soon........is there any value in a knife like this.........

Welcome to BF! Per the site rules, only Gold members and above may discuss values here. If it can be identified, one way to check values would be to look at sold listings on ebay. But if it is as unique as you say, that may not work.

Also, as an unpaid member, you will need to use a hosting site such as imgur to post pics.

Hope to see your photos.
But guessing from your description, your knife is not an original MACV-SOG knife from the Vietnam War. The originals were not marked at all as they were issued for covert operations and the knives were deliberately "sterile" to avoid the enemy knowing whose it was. Additionally, what you describe as a "box" sounds very much like like a SOG Legendary Knives, Edmonton WA logo, a model that was made in Seki 1986-2005.

This is a page from my website. You may be able to identify your knife here, which I suspect to be a SOG S1 Bowie.
SOG Specialty Knives, and Boker Solingen – The Hattori Collector

If it is an S1, rather puzzling that you say you can't find pictures of it on the net since some of my own come up on an image search.

Oh and yes, you can not ask value questions here unless you upgrade your membership.

I can't figure out how to post the pics.......but I know that it wasn't make in the 80s because I was born in the 70s and it was brought home from his last tour to siagon......I know that it was made in the 60s or 70s haven't seen any one like it ......most of them I see have the dark blades this knife was made out of some really heavy duty steel.....

Sorry but that knife wasn't made until 2000 or thereabouts. As mentioned, it is the SOG Recon Bowie, made by the Kinryu Corp in Seki for SOG Specialty Knives, USA, a company that didn't exist until the mid 1980s.
It is a replica of the first series of MACV-SOG knives that were issued during the Vietnam war. Your knife appears to be missing the pommel at the end of the handle, as well as the tip.

So u saying it wasn't manufactured till 2000 thatz in possible I was born in the 70s it sat on my dads plague all my life........its been at the house on the plague since before 1980 .....

Sorry but there's no room for debate. You are either simply mistaken, or that knife somehow travelled back in time.
See that square logo on the blade that says SOG SPECIALTY KNIVES?
That company did not exist until 1986.

"Our story begins in Vietnam, where members of a highly classified US special ops unit - known as MACV-SOG - carried a unique combat knife into the jungle on covert missions. Years later, in 1986, that knife inspired a young designer, named Spencer Frazer, to found SOG Specialty Knives. His mission: to reproduce the original SOG Bowie knife and pay tribute to the special ops unit that created it. "

SOG Company History (sogknives.com)

And your particular model, the "Recon Bowie" (which I own by the way) didn't go into production until 2000.

But don't take my word for it. Google up "SOG Recon Bowie" and see for yourself.

So u saying it wasn't manufactured till 2000 thatz in possible I was born in the 70s it sat on my dads plague all my life........its been at the house on the plague since before 1980 .....
The SOG Recon Bowie was modelled on/replicates the what was called the CISO knife. It's quite possible your dad had one of those, but the SOG branded model is definitely a much later knife.

This is an original Special Operations Group Vietnam knife.

QNFu88w.jpg

Tu44250.jpg

My friend, "Danny Boy", a Green Beret, let me take pictures of the one he brought back from Vietnam. These knives were "clean", no manufacturer's marks, and that was not by accident. Danny did not care for the knife because the first one he had, the tip broke off cutting saw grass.

He carried this in Indian country, because he could cut the bread inside a K Ration can

D0tLuC0.jpg

Back