Views on the Arbolito Esculta

Hello All ,
I have been pondering for a while on pulling the trigger on a Boker Arbolito Esculta with either an ebony or stag horn grip . There are not many youtube reviews out there and I hope some forum members may be able to help me make up my mind by giving me both positive or negative views , especially how it holds up to some practical abuse .
Thanks

I don't have the Esculta but I own a couple of the larger but otherwise identical El Gigante versions. They're great. One of the very few factory knives with full tapered tang construction. One thing I noticed is that, at least on the El Gigante, the more expensive stag version has a better/finer finish and is in a better steel (n690 vs n695--see pic.) It also comes with a sheath with more detailed tooling on the leather. As far as heavy use goes I haven't pushed either enough to have any sort of valid comment on how they hold up to abuse but I would say their full flat grind and thin tip is made more for actual cutting/piercing performance than jackassing around/abuse.
fITZNyp.jpg

I have one! I have the 5-6 inch version, and I absolutely love it. Couldn't imagine a better bowie! Slices, chops, its nice and stout, great feel in the hand and an awesome sheath!

The only real thing I'd complain about is it comes pretty dull and you have to put in a bit of work to get it sharp off the bat

Back