Viking sword fresh from the forge

I didn't think that there was anything wrong with the first pommel piece, but that looks worlds better. :thumbup:

Scott,

As I posted elsewhere, I am not much into swords, but I really dig that piece. Good job!

^^^^^ Ditto that. Really a cool piece. So cool, in fact, that even though I'm not all that into swords, you've got me thinking about trying something like that.

Love the viking era and this looks appropriate. Oh yeah, the second peening block is WAY better...IMHO.

Nice job. Thanks for showing us.

Very well done Scott!That old bone you picked up in Little Rock is really beautiful,and I agree that this pommel block is a lot nicer than the first,and a much better choice to round out this piece.What's on your mind for the scabard?

Thanks again folks....

Go for it John... Just make sure your grinds and your heats are even! That's were the troubles and the sorrows begin....

And John... I was wondering if you remembered that old bone I picked up. I'm gonna have to buy another one ... I was originally going to use this one for a beavertail dagger. As to scabbard... I just put this sword up for sale through my email list and I have an option for a basic storage scabbard or goatskin/wood core with harness at a different price point. So..... just waiting for somebody to commit to it's ownership!

Back