Vildmark Custom Order Thread!

I dropped of the Vildmarks at the post office this afternoon at lunchtime, most of them say 2 day shipping! :D

I would like some feedback on how you guy’s thought your build turned out and if the ordering/build/waiting process was pleasing.

Other than that I hope you guys enjoy and please share picture when and where you can. Thats the icing on the cake for me! ;):D

I'll comment more after I've had more time with it, but all I can say right now is "WOW"!

45452794972_a7e4665b11_h.jpg

44589933755_15efe3bfd9_h.jpg

CHRIS!!! THIS KNIFE IS INCREDIBLE!!!

Yep, that is pretty much my first response having just gotten home and pulled it out of the box. Unreal.

I have a pretty fair number of knives... and at the risk of sounding like a reactionary noob, or that I'm dishing out hyperbole... I think this is the most beautiful knife I now own, and probably by a fair margin. This thing is a Lamborghini. It oozes quality and class. I would kiss it if it weren't so razor-friggin'-sharp!

I can already tell that the handle is perfect for my hand. It just nestles in and locks in place like it belongs there. At the same time, I can shift into a variety of grips--saber, hammer, pinch, reverse--and each feels just as natural as the last. And that surface! Oh boy, howdy that surface! What is going on here? I didn't know that a handle could give off this kind of feeling of traction, smoothness, and overall buttery goodness all at the same time! I squeeze this thing and it immediately takes me to my happy place. I feel like I could carve for hours, or clean a deer, fillet a fish, chop some carrots, all with equal ease.

Damn, man. Damn. I'm hooked.

I honestly think that I like the way this one came out above all the others, except maybe one... ;) Seriously awesome. What is that between the liner and the bocote? White G10 pinstripes?
Thanks. Yeah, white pinstripes; what Chris calls White Accent Liner. I imagine they are made out of the same material generally used for pinstripes. Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool , I really like the way you brought them down between the Bocote and bolster. It created a really cool effect and made the knife look even classier.

CHRIS!!! THIS KNIFE IS INCREDIBLE!!!

Yep, that is pretty much my first response having just gotten home and pulled it out of the box. Unreal.

I have a pretty fair number of knives... and at the risk of sounding like a reactionary noob, or that I'm dishing out hyperbole... I think this is the most beautiful knife I now own, and probably by a fair margin. This thing is a Lamborghini. It oozes quality and class. I would kiss it if it weren't so razor-friggin'-sharp!

I can already tell that the handle is perfect for my hand. It just nestles in and locks in place like it belongs there. At the same time, I can shift into a variety of grips--saber, hammer, pinch, reverse--and each feels just as natural as the last. And that surface! Oh boy, howdy that surface! What is going on here? I didn't know that a handle could give off this kind of feeling of traction, smoothness, and overall buttery goodness all at the same time! I squeeze this thing and it immediately takes me to my happy place. I feel like I could carve for hours, or clean a deer, fillet a fish, chop some carrots, all with equal ease.

Damn, man. Damn. I'm hooked.
Sounds fantastic!
I’ll even give your post a “like”, but only after you post some pics ;):D

Thanks. Yeah, white pinstripes; what Chris calls White Accent Liner. I imagine they are made out of the same material generally used for pinstripes. Osprey Knife & Tool Osprey Knife & Tool , I really like the way you brought them down between the Bocote and bolster. It created a really cool effect and made the knife look even classier.
Liners would typically be micarta, but it looks as if Chris used G10 on some of these. Accent liners/pinstripes generally G10.

R RobbieB Congrats on the beautiful knife! Thanks for sharing great pics (as always) of it, too!
:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Last edited:
This is the one had my name on it! Love watching them come together. As always Chris' work is flawless.

Better pictures to come when it's light out.

hpbIjgil.jpg
Mine arrived, too, and it is gorgeous.
The Koa has alternating bands of dark chocolate and gold and really deserves a video in sunlight to appreciate the deep chatoyance. Unfortunately, when I leave home for work in the mornings, it’s still pretty gray outside. Hope to follow up soon!

Having both an Apache and now the Vildmark, I have to say that both feel very good (exceptional) in the hand. The Vildmark has an overall fatter handle (which I requested) but the generous palm swell and butt of the knives generally follow the same lines. Where they really differ is at the front of the handle. The Vildmark narrows at the front, allowing for a pinch grip in that section while the Apache swells outwards. Both feel great in a standard hammer grip (with the Apache locking the hand in more because of that swell) and I can’t yet say which I’ll prefer in extended use.

Last edited:
Back