Vildmark Custom Order Thread!

Its rainy out so my pictures aren't great (who am I kidding, my pictures never do justice to Chris's knives:rolleyes::rolleyes:), but I love the Vildmark. As usual, the attention to detail in Chris's knives is amazing, and I'm really loving the Swedge:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Makes me want one with a sharpened top edge:eek:.
Thanks Chris, I love it and it matches the Warthog perfectly:D
gLAjj9X.jpg

y7y8kQc.jpg

go59cx1.jpg

Its rainy out so my pictures aren't great (who am I kidding, my pictures never do justice to Chris's knives:rolleyes::rolleyes:), but I love the Vildmark. As usual, the attention to detail in Chris's knives is amazing, and I'm really loving the Swedge:thumbsup::thumbsup:. Makes me want one with a sharpened top edge:eek:.
gLAjj9X.jpg

y7y8kQc.jpg

go59cx1.jpg
Nice pair!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Just putting the word out that Chris is busily finishing up the Lil Ferox and Ferox orders and should be back to tend to his flock of followers here soon.
Imagine that we’ll be treated to more pics from those orders soon, too! :D :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks Christian!

I have been keeping tabs! As Oyster Oyster said I have been finishing up the Lil' Ferox and Ferox. I have been in deep communion with them the last several days. ;):D I sharpened them today and will have final pictures up tomorrow. I will also be catching up on posts responses and emails throughout the week.

I appreciate everyone sharing there Vildmarks and their initial Impressions. See you guys soon...

I also updated the Vildmark portion of my Website. Please check it out and let me know what you guys think.
I will be updating and adding material regularly, and will use this outline for the rest of the models.

https://ospreyknifeandtool.com/vildmark

Looks great! :thumbsup:
Quick thoughts:
I don’t remember if it was in Kevin’s article (likely) or elsewhere, but I do remember reading a brief description of the origins of the Vildmark name and its intended use. I think it would be nice if that were added.
Also, in addition to the blade stock, OAL and blade length, I also find blade height (spine to sharpened edge at the ricasso) to be a useful measure when comparing models. (This would be especially true for models that come in guardless or “K” variants). I find it helps me get a better idea of how the knife can be used and of the taper of the blade. For example, I also have a (K) Apache, whose overall size is similar to the Vildmark and has the same blade stock but a taller blade. While I have no doubts that it would withstand hard use, if I was expecting to mostly do wood work, I would lean towards taking the Vildmark because of the more obtuse angle of the blade (a little more meat behind the edge) so that I would be less concerned about damaging the blade if I were to baton or twist it.
Finally, and with apologies to everyone else, we need to get one of these into Danny’s ( @FeralGentleman ) hands because he takes the best outdoor/in-use knife pics :)

Last edited:
Looks great! :thumbsup:
Quick thoughts:
I don’t remember if it was in Kevin’s article (likely) or elsewhere, but I do remember reading a brief description of the origins of the Vildmark name and its intended use. I think it would be nice if that were added.
Also, in addition to the blade stock, OAL and blade length, I also find blade height (spine to sharpened edge at the ricasso) to be a useful measure when comparing models. (This would be especially true for models that come in guardless or “K” variants). I find it helps me get a better idea of how the knife can be used and of the taper of the blade. For example, I also have a (K) Apache, whose overall size is similar to the Vildmark and has the same blade stock but a taller blade. While I have no doubts that it would withstand hard use, if I was expecting to mostly do wood work, I would lean towards taking the Vildmark because of the more obtuse angle of the blade (a little more meat behind the edge) so that I would be less concerned about damaging the blade if I were to baton or twist it.
Finally, and with apologies to everyone else, we need to get one of these into Danny’s ( @FeralGentleman ) hands because he takes the best outdoor/in-use knife pics :)
I agree Christian, Danny’s pictures are always amazing:thumbsup:

I see one of these in my near future. That handle and overall size looks perfect.
Bob, if you have the funds, I would seriously consider the one that's still available on Chris's site. It has the presentation grade koa, which I can attest is beautiful, since I got the same stuff on my Feroxi. Oyster is right, the chatoyance on the Koa Chris gets is drop dead gorgeous and can only be appreciated when you see it in person. The knife itself is incredible, and seems it would do anything you'd like a sub-4" blade to do. Super comfy ergos, and the perfect craftsmanship, of course. It's really a slam dunk, home run, touchdown, etc. etc. You get the drift. :D

gLAjj9X.jpg

y7y8kQc.jpg

go59cx1.jpg

Must compliment you on these photos, Coach! Here I would say I think these are perfect without liners. ;) Digging that top swedge, too. Extra layer of sexiness. :thumbsup:

Back