1-26-12%20004.jpg

1-26-12%20005.jpg

1-26-12%20006.jpg

1-26-12%20007.jpg

Email to himimp@aol.com to get one or both
First come first served

Last edited:
Good Morning to All,

US customs In Reno got hold of 109 Kg HI Knives and Swords shipments from Nepal. I will ship your order as soon as customs release the parcel. Online customers thank you for your patience.

US Customs release our knives I command thee! :mad: In particular my AK Bowie might be in that shipment. Not nice of them at all. Hopefully there are no knife collectors working for them :eek:

Good Morning to All,

US customs In Reno got hold of 109 Kg HI Knives and Swords shipments from Nepal. I will ship your order as soon as customs release the parcel. Online customers thank you for your patience.

Oh no. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I've heard of commercial shipments being delayed and totally unpacked and searched, and then the importer gets a bill for these extra "services". This seems outrageous. It seems to be official policy:

"...there may still be costs involved for the importer. For example, if your shipment is selected for examination, it will generally be moved to a Centralized Examination Station (CES) for the CBP exam to take place. A CES is a privately operated facility where merchandise is made available to CBP officers for physical examination. The CES facility will unload (devan) your shipment from its shipping container and will reload it after the exam. The CES will bill you for their services. There are also costs associated with moving the cargo to and from the exam site and with storage. Rates will vary across the country and a complete devanning may cost several hundred dollars."

Quoted from http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_outreach/diduknow.xml

The crow knife is a beauty, good to see Vim back in action.

Hopefully the goods get released soon, customs can be a pain at times.

That crow knife has one of the comfiest looking handles I have seen. I can totally see it riding in some custom tooled dark coco brown leather as a dress knife that means "business":)

Oh no. Let's keep our fingers crossed. I've heard of commercial shipments being delayed and totally unpacked and searched, and then the importer gets a bill for these extra "services". This seems outrageous. It seems to be official policy:

"...there may still be costs involved for the importer. For example, if your shipment is selected for examination, it will generally be moved to a Centralized Examination Station (CES) for the CBP exam to take place. A CES is a privately operated facility where merchandise is made available to CBP officers for physical examination. The CES facility will unload (devan) your shipment from its shipping container and will reload it after the exam. The CES will bill you for their services. There are also costs associated with moving the cargo to and from the exam site and with storage. Rates will vary across the country and a complete devanning may cost several hundred dollars."

Quoted from http://www.cbp.gov/xp/cgov/trade/trade_outreach/diduknow.xml

THIS IS EXACTLY WHAT WILL HAPPEN.
It will happen for various reasons too. So expect at least a week delay (maybe two) in the shipment, and Yangdu will be billed extra for the costs associated with moving the cargo to the inspection site, US CBP does not bill for inspections.
I assume Yangdu ships via sea frieght in a container, and it is consolidated with other people shipping product to the US from Nepal ???

That YCS looks fantastic for a villager model, if someone were to buy it and polish the blade up, I doubt most people would even be able to spot the difference.

Funny, I just bought a blem YCS (rusty on one side) and turned it into a villager. The brushed finish is so nice to clean up after use. Just run it against a red scotch bright wheel and it's as good as new.

If you guys are considering the Crow Knife, I highly recommend it. I got one a few years ago, and loved it.

is the crow knife still for sale ? -- ill take it if it is still available --- email sent

Eric

Yangdu - please send me the total with shipping for the Crow knife -- so i can pay you

yes i sent her an email as well -- just figured i would cover both bases -- thanks Olde Wolf

Eric

Thank you for giving a nice home for HI Crow Knife

Back