Vintage Autospike 1000...

it is discontinued, but they do pop up for sale every now & then

I had 3 of those model 1000 Auto-Spikes at one time. Those Boguszewski Spike 1000 models were the automatic/switchblade version of the Phil Boguszewski Spike model that Benchmade also had during that era as well. Now there were two of the conventional Spike folders that Benchmade had at one time. Those were the models 640 & 650. The model 640 was an ideal EDC folder and I carried one off and on for about 10 years or so. The model 650 was considerably bigger but it was also one helluva tactical blade. I wish Benchmade did Sprint Runs of their older models like Spyderco does. Oh how I would love all 3 of those Benchmade Spike models made with newer/better blade steels. And I bet I'm not alone either.

I had 3 of those model 1000 Auto-Spikes at one time. Those Boguszewski Spike 1000 models were the automatic/switchblade version of the Phil Boguszewski Spike model that Benchmade also had during that era as well. Now there were two of the conventional Spike folders that Benchmade had at one time. Those were the models 640 & 650. The model 640 was an ideal EDC folder and I carried one off and on for about 10 years or so. The model 650 was considerably bigger but it was also one helluva tactical blade. I wish Benchmade did Sprint Runs of their older models like Spyderco does. Oh how I would love all 3 of those Benchmade Spike models made with newer/better blade steels. And I bet I'm not alone either.

Thanks for the reply, JD.
Yes, i liked the standard-sized automatic/switchblade style model i had.. it was a handy, decent EDC knife.

Wasnt “high quality”, but was good enough for my very light duty and use.
Rly wish i could find a coupla more somewhere.

Thanks for the reply, JD.
Yes, i liked the standard-sized automatic/switchblade style model i had.. it was a handy, decent EDC knife.

Wasnt “high quality”, but was good enough for my very light duty and use.
Rly wish i could find a coupla more somewhere.
I kind of beg to differ with you when you say it wasn't "high quality" because in some ways it was especially as a primary user blade. It was probably one of the most durable folders that I had carried for over 5 years plus that I can remember. Especially that model 640 which had a handle of high tech, anodized aircraft aluminum and the stud on the heel of the blade made it very easy to deploy>> well at least I thought so anyway.

Now the 3 model 1000 "auto-Spikes" that I owned did have a problem with the blade deploying a bit too easy some times. Also none of the 3 of those units I owned had any pocketclips but I got around that by using a belt sheath for about a year or so. Just to look it the model 1000 Spike most people couldn't tell right away that it was an "automatic". Now the blade steel on the 1000 Auto-Spike was G-2 and to me it wasn't quite as good as the ATS-34 that was on the conventional Spike models 640 & 650. But Benchmade and Spyderco's blade steels have most certainly come a long ways for better performing blade steels. I would love a model 640 or even a model 1000 Auto-Spike either one in M-4 or M390. Well I guess I can say it's fun to dream sometimes.

I apologize, but i think i shouldve mentioned that my spike was a “knockoff” of sorts.
It was a good knife, but i dont think it was a higher quality unit.

I mentioned Benchmade as i know they made the original, and the one i had was just like it.

Now
im just wanting one.. any of them, lol.

Back