Vintage Boker Solingen Knife?

Hi all. I bought this from an estate sale. The guy was in the military and passed away. He collected guns and knives and had hundreds. From what I can tell this was made between 1891-1944 based off of tang stamps. Brand new never used and sat in a collection collecting dust. I’d be willing to sell it also. Can anyone tell me if I’m right on dates or provide any info? Thanks!
lBZNOyN.jpg

2BXOZUR.jpg

fjegJCs.jpg

If1R8VP.jpg

OpjNmUS.jpg

OlZtZtW

OlZtZtW

Last edited:
That's a more modern Boker, I would say made between 1996-2009. It's a whittler pattern with red jigged bone and carbon steel blades. Originally packaged in a gray Boker Tree Brand box with logo patterned paper wrapper. The Tree Brand shield on the side was not used 1891-1944. I understand the confusion when using that tang stamp chart, but those are for vintage Boker knives which you can tell by how the letters are stamped into the tang. The older ones weren't as deep and yours is indicative of modern ones. Also any knife before 1944 would be showing it's age. People did not really collect them back then, they were most likely used and carried daily. Dating a Boker can be hard because the company has reused a lot of those older stamps in modern times. I have an early 1980s one that has this tang stamp and also an Appaloosa Boker I think made around 2012 with the same stamp.

Last edited:
Back