• The rules for The Exchange can be found here. Please read and follow them. Stop using Paypal Friends & Family and follow our best practices to prevent getting ripped off or having a bad deal.

Vintage Gerber - CFB, Mark I (sold), Frisco Shiv set (sold), Moray (sold)

Hi all. Selling a few more unearthed cupboard treasures for someone. Prices below are USD, payment through PP G&S or direct bank transfer. Postage is free in Australia but around $20AUD international. Let me know your country and I can give you an accurate shipping cost.

Some pics below but here's a link to all the pictures:
https://photos.app.goo.gl/NMhUkBsrcmEH6DuU6

“5571” Frisco Shiv Dagger and Frisco Shiv Drop Point SET. These are from the Blackie Collins era, now 40 years old. I can only find one other of these ever sold on the web, it may be there were only 300 made of the set? The drop point is still shaving sharp. Knives, sheathes and tray in mint condition. No corrosion or scratches. The plastic sleeve has yellowed and is cracked, and unfortunately there is no paperwork (I don’t know if it came with any).

Comes with original black plastic sheath that locks on to the handle. The sheath has a belt/boot clip and there are holes on the sheath and on the knife handle for a lanyard. The blades are 4" and it is 8-3/8" overall. Marked on blade "Blackie Collins Design." Marked in handle insert "Gerber Frisco Shiv Patent Pending," which makes it one of the first made. It came out before the patent was issued.
$400 for the set. SOLD

Mark I Dagger - used. The tip has been poorly “sharpened”, I'm sure it's not the original sheath, and there are a few small rust spots on the blade but these will polish out no problems. Serial # is K3443S, which means it's 1980s vintage and stainless. It's an iconic boot knife, a spin-off of the Mark II Vietnam era.
$300 SOLD

CFB Combat Fixed Blade, partially-serrated tanto in 154CM - 30-000598, discontinued, mint condition, still had the original oil on it when I unsheathed the knife. There's a tiny scratch on the coating which came from drawing the knife. Feels great in the hand. The handle has a rubberised grip (still firm and un-deteriorated) and a blunt pommel. It comes with a moulded plastic sheath for multiple carry options on a belt or a MOLLE compatible vest.
Item # 22-01145DS
NSN # 1095-01-466-8569
Blade Length: 4.25"
Blade Thickness: 0.12"
Overall Length: 9.25"
Weight: 4.9 oz.
Weight with sheath: 9.6 oz
Made in USA
$200

Gerber Moray dive knife - First Production Run, has papers, Blackie Collins era, mint condition (the only mark is the a black stain on the back of the handle, left by the circle of padding) but box dinged up a bit.
$150 SOLD

I also have a bunch of older folding Gerbers - serrated Gator IIs, a couple of Paraframes, and some stuff in clam-packs.

NOTE: I think some people are quite anxious about knives being shipped to or from overseas. Just FYI, I've never had a problem posting gear to people from here in Australia. I'll also be using double-sided tape inside the envelope to hold it all inside. Australia Post usually uses EMS as its international courier service.

IMG_4835.jpeg IMG_4836.jpeg IMG_4597.jpeg IMG_4640.jpeg IMG_4755.jpeg IMG_4756.jpeg

Last edited:
Back