Vintage lobsters let's show'em

No, I don't have a date, but I know they started the Kutmaster brand in 1937. Possibly before then? It is made with nickel silver liners.

Charles

Hi Charles, it's been awhile. I was interested in why you hadn't attached any pictures of your orange blossom lobsters or gunstock lobsters. Thanks, Chris

Here is a little I*XL (made in Sheffield blades) with sterling scales made in Birmingham (by the markings on the scales) dates around 1830. The marks on the sterling scales are very tiny and the date mark is very hard for me to read, but that is my best guess. Any additional information or comments welcome.

View attachment 290443View attachment 290444View attachment 290445View attachment 290447

Very nice little lobster. I'm a little late with this but just in case it helps... with England on the stamp the knife was made 1891 or thereafter. That would be consistent with the Art Nouveau style scales too.

I picked up this Hibbard Spencer & Bartlett lobster recently but don't know much more about it.

S.K. thanks for the information. I have some legends for the various Sterling marks , but they can be very hard to read when they are so small.

Trand that is a nice HSB / OVB sleeveboard lobster with the unusual 3 blades (whittler), versus the more common 2 blade sleeveboards. Blades look full and little used. Thanks for showing.

Charles

That's a beauty, Charles! I always enjoy seeing this thread pop up with something new for us to admire.

Thanks Gary: I have a couple more new additions that I will post soon. Finding these beauties is getting harder these days.

Charles

Wow there are some great knives in this thread!! Charles the collection you have built is amazing. I have a few and will get pictures up today. Thanks for all the posts.

This is the first of 4 I will be showing, Napanoch sterling handled that came in the knife purse shown.napanochsterling1.jpg

Galvanic1882: Wow, I've never come across those brands before (except the Napanoch), had to look them up in my Levines IV and they are highly rated there. Super old pieces. Thanks so much for posting. I have some thing else to keep a look out for now.

Charles

Back