Vintage lobsters let's show'em

Here are a couple of great pictures of my Wade and Butcher serpentine lobster.
clWadeButcherLobsterweb1.jpg
clWadeButcherLobsterweb2.jpg

Charles

Beautiful American Shear, Charles!! Thanks for sharing these!! I am really enjoying the photography work and and the knives!

Thanks. I'm excited to repost these with John's great pictures. The knives are so much more impressive with his photography.

Charles

A New York Knife Co. , Hammer Brand lobster with pearl covers that have aged to an almost pink color. Knife is pattern # 3280 and is 3 1/8" closed.

Charles

clNYKnifeCoLobsterPattern3280web.jpg
clNYKnifecoLobsterpattern3280-1web.jpg

Last edited:
Here is a little Sheffield style Cattaraugus 2 3/4" closed.
Charles

clCattaraugusLobsterweb1.jpg

Trand: The color and fire of pearl is challenging to capture in a photo, but John does a pretty good job of it. It is appealing to me as is the intricate design and construction of lobsters. Here is my New York Knife serpentine lobster with etch "Orange Blossom".

clNYKnifeCoOrangeBlossomweb1.jpg

Here is my latest Cattaraugus, it does not have Little Valley on the tang and I think it is an early knife. I have never seen a Cat with a tweezers and salt spoon in the handle.

Charles you have some beauties that's for sure!!!catlobster1.jpgcatlobster4.jpgcatlobster3.jpgcatlobster2.jpg

I've not seen that Cattaraugus either. You have some exotic lobsters that I've never run across in your collection. Thanks for posting.

Charles

My friend John (aka Chief) has taken some photos of some of my prime lobster pieces and these are some of my orange blossoms. This is a Cattaraugus OB and John use of sand dollars as a background really sets it off.
Charles

lambcattaraugus1.jpg

lambcattaraugus2.jpg

lambcattaraugus3.jpg

Here is another gunstock whittler lobster AKA Orange Blossom, Etched <Hickory> with same tang mark on master. Smaller blades marked Kelly S. Thompson. Kelly-How-Thompson Co 1902-1947, hardware firm in Duluth, Minn. knives made by Napanoch.
Charles

lambhickory1.jpg

lambhickory2.jpg

lambhickory3.jpg

A vintage Remington (1924-1933) in mint condition with beautiful etch on the master blade.
Charles
lambremington1.jpg

lambremington2.jpg

lambremington3.jpg

lambremington4.jpg

Here is one that is pretty hard to find Andrew Jackson Jordan AAA1 orange blossom lobster (1871-1929)
Charles
lambjordan1.jpg

lambjordan2.jpg

Back