Vintage lobsters let's show'em

Nice knife, but not a "Lobster", which have blades on both sides of the knife which bear on a common "Y" or "X" shaped internal spring, generally.

Nice knife, but not a "Lobster", which have blades on both sides of the knife which bear on a common "Y" or "X" shaped internal spring, generally.

Ahhh... Got it. Thanks. This is how BF educates me.

Here are a couple of stag lobsters. The warm golden color just grabs me on the Ulster dolphin.
Charles
Ulster Dolphin
ulsterstaglobster1.jpg

ulsterstaglobster2.jpg

Ulster stag orange blossom
ulsterstag1.jpg

ulsterstag2.jpg

Time to boost this thread back to life. Here is a J. A. Henckels that I acquired and John has photographed for me.
Charles

henckels1.jpg

henckels2.jpg

Last edited:
Charles, That Henckels is a beautiful knife. A super rare pattern in fantastic condition. John's photos really make that knife look like a museum piece. Just noticed the master blade has nail nicks on both sides. Thanks for sharing, Barry

Charles, That Henckels is a beautiful knife. A super rare pattern in fantastic condition. John's photos really make that knife look like a museum piece. Just noticed the master blade has nail nicks on both sides. Thanks for sharing, Barry

Barry:
Thank you for giving me the heads up that it was for sale.
Charles

Here is my latest lobster. An Orange Blossom built by Jim Dunlap using the old Remington blade configuration. I have posted this one in the OB thread, but it also belongs here. I'm including a pic of the secondary blades from a mint Remington for comparison.
Charles
dunlaplobster1.jpg

dunlaplobster2.jpg

dunlaplobster5.jpg
lambremington1.jpg

lambremington3.jpg

IMG_2247.jpg As near as I can tell these were made in Maniago in the early 50's. They came in bone and stainless. The most useful feature to me is the curved jaw flush cutting cuticle nipper, so much so, that I modified one example to only sport the nipper. It is my most used pocket tool. Skin tags and hang nails are history. The bone model is really thick. The one I modified is quite slim because I took out a row of blades.

Last edited:
Pardon my ignorance, but what's the long thin tool that folds out of the backside of so many of these knives? I tried googling, but apparently my google-fu is weak on this topic.

It is a nail file.

Am no expert, but have eaten some lobster and crab on occasion. No doubt it's a small file, but I always thought it might also be used as a pick to extract meat from difficult to reach areas.

My non-orange blossom lobsters. The second is a Repeat Needham Bros. The rest are Keen Kutter and have been previously posted in the Keen Kutter thread.

IMGP0885.JPG RIMG0492.JPG RIMG0493.JPG RIMG1174.JPG RIMG1175.JPG RIMG1383.JPG

Attachments

• RIMG1384.JPG
    RIMG1384.JPG
    275.1 KB · Views: 2
Back