Vintage Micarta and 52100 Steel Petty and Wabocho!

Daniel Fairly Knives

Full Time Knifemaker
165 mm Wabocho

Here's a new one for the kitchen! This Wabocho design is a great do-all knife in the kitchen with fine slicing geometry and a great sized blade The ergonomic hand shaped grip is very comfortable and meant to use all day long in the professional kitchen.

The vintage micarta has a nice feel feel, great grip and is just meant to be used. I used micarta pins to add a bit of contrast and strength to the handle.

The grind on this one provides excellent food release and slices like a laser. The blade is 1/8" thick with my straight razor inspired tall hollow grind for great combo of slicey geometry and no flex.

~11.5" total
~6.5" (165mm) Blade
~.125" thick blade

52100 Steel - triple normalized and sub zero treated for high hardness and fine grain

Vintage Micarta - from my special stash!

The grind is single bevel, right hand dominant with a small single microbevel on the beveled side for very aggressive and super clean cuts.

(it's the larger knife in the photos with two knives)

US Shipping is Included - International Shipping is Available

$325 Shipped
at www.fairlyknives.com

Last edited:
101 mm Petty

Here's a new one for the kitchen! This Petty design is a great utility in the kitchen with fine slicing geometry and a blade that is great for detail work or fine slicing.

The ergonomic hand shaped grip is very comfortable and meant to use all day long in the professional kitchen.

The vintage micarta has a nice feel feel, great grip and is just meant to be used. I used micarta pins to add a bit of contrast and strength to the handle.

The grind on this one provides good food release and slices like a laser. The blade is 1/8" thick with my straight razor inspired tall hollow grind for great combo of slicey geometry and no flex.

8.25" Total Length
4" (101mm) Blade
4.25" Handle
.125" thick blade

52100 Steel - triple normalized and sub zero treated for high hardness and fine grain

Vintage Micarta - from my special stash!

The grind is single bevel, right hand dominant with a small single microbevel on the beveled side for very aggressive and super clean cuts.

(in the photos with two knives it is the smaller of the two)

US Shipping is Included - International Shipping is Available

$225 at www.fairlyknives.com

...all photos were taken outdoors with natural lighting and are not edited (besides cropping and sizing)

I really, really love that petty.

If it doesn't sell, I may know of a good home. Justttt sayin' >_>

I really, really love that petty.

If it doesn't sell, I may know of a good home. Justttt sayin' >_>

Hey thanks B! I was thinking of you when I ordered some more LVA carbon fiber the other day.. :D I still have that other Wabocho going but they alwys take e forever. :D The steel on these is seriously wear resistant! :cool:

Wow, so nice! If I weren't going to Japan on Wednesday I might have pulled the trigger on them... You're not planning any more budget friendly versions, are you?

Btw, do you have any favorite Japaneese makes I should check out when I'm over there? ;)

Wow, so nice! If I weren't going to Japan on Wednesday I might have pulled the trigger on them... You're not planning any more budget friendly versions, are you?

Btw, do you have any favorite Japaneese makes I should check out when I'm over there? ;)

Hi ni1s! I was out of town and missed this!

My next budget friendly knife will likely be a Ti Backpacker Kwaiken!

If you can visit any makers in Japan that would be super cool!

Back