Vintage spyderco knives I never heard of

”3. small Spyderco Tim Wedger Jr design C 49 knives
Only made 2 years

1. c-48 knife

2. Spyderco Catcherman 1 New no box. 1 used

1. Spydersaw New in box””

my uncles buddy is thinning the herd wonder if they are worth looking at

FWIW, all of the knives mentioned are worth buying and a "dealer" would be all over them in the blink of an eye to flip them for a profit depending on the asking price.

For me personally . . .

The Catcherman is worth buying if you're a fisherman or just want to collect every Spyderco ever made. I owned one NIB but sold it when it became apparent that it didn't "fit" in my collection.

I've got a pair of C48 Wegners (PE & PS) and they are excellent knives for EDC or collecting. Wouldn't be interested in the C49 Wegner Jr because the C48 is already small enough for me but, if you like small knives, the C49 would be a consideration.

Never wanted to buy a Spydersaw but it is a true rarity especially NIB. However, for "sawing" stuff in the woods, a wire saw would be much lighter/smaller to carry and probably more effective as well.

PS: FWIW, I can't see the link/photo that you posted below. That might just be "me" because of all of the tracking/privacy extensions I have in effect but I can see most photos posted here and elsewhere on the Net.

Last edited:
As one of those aforementioned collectors of all weird Spydercos, those are some nice knives. The Wengers are coveted among collectors. If you get them and are looking to offload any, especially a plain edge catcherman, email me at my screenname at gmail.

As one of those aforementioned collectors of all weird Spydercos, those are some nice knives. The Wengers are coveted among collectors. If you get them and are looking to offload any, especially a plain edge catcherman, email me at my screenname at gmail.
Will do , I am waiting for old man to send them .

Did they make a plain edged catcherman? I’ve never seen one.

Back