Vintage W.R.Case Razor Hone

So I just picked this up, not sure of the age or anything. It appears to be completely unused. Anyone have any information and approximate value? Thanks:cool::thumbsup:
uuAKtz7.jpg

MGsVw1e.jpg

JXTIqCp.jpg

So I just picked this up, not sure of the age or anything. It appears to be completely unused. Anyone have any information and approximate value? Thanks:cool::thumbsup:
uuAKtz7.jpg

MGsVw1e.jpg

JXTIqCp.jpg
Nice find, David. I have no info for you, though. Hopefully someone will. I don't think there's a lot of traffic on this subforum.
I would love to learn to shave with a straight razor. Been getting my neck shaved with one at the barber shop all my life. No salons for me! But I have a beard for over twenty years now, and my wife doesn't want me to shave it. Neither do I. I miss the smell of Aqua Velva, though!

David, I found this in Jim Sargent's 7th Ed. of American Premium Guide to Knives and Razors on page 389.

"Razor hones having the W.R. Case & Sons" mark are very rare, especially with their original box."

One like yours is pictured (extra choice, #232) and the value is given as $125 (book published in 2008).
Misplaced Hillbilly Misplaced Hillbilly

Sweet, sweet find! :thumbsup:

I would go and post it on the Case collectors site. There will be someone that knows about it. DM

The box is in very good condition (it looks like anyway) and having the paper instructions would be very rare indeed, I would think.

Would be a nice addition to any vintage Case collection (like the one you are building ;)).

Back