1. Week 47 of the BladeForums.com Year of Giveaways is live! Enter to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer
    Click here to enter the drawing for your chance to win a Kizer Knives 1028A1 Dirk Pinkerton Lancer + Misc Prize Pack , Bladeforums.com swag or memberships! Be sure to read the rules before entering, and help us decide next week's giveaway by hitting the poll in that thread!

Entries will close at 11:59PM Saturday, Nov 23 ; winners will be drawn on Sunday @ 5pm on our Youtube Channel: TheRealBladeForums. Bonus prizes will be given during the livestream!

Questions? Comments? Post in the discussion thread here
  2. Esav Benyamin has passed. Please pay your respects here

Virginia knife law?

Discussion in 'Knife Laws' started by VoZe, Nov 8, 2019.

1. VoZe

VoZe

Oct 30, 2019
    I’ve been very confused on the knife laws in Virginia? I think it’s legal to own most type of knives but illegal to conceal carry them. So if I buy something like a folding knife or even a utility knife like the one with a box cutter blade will it be illegal to put it in my pocket?

2. Rich S

Rich S

Sep 23, 2005
    I'm in VA. I know you can't carry a concealed fix blade; don't know about the others. A/Os are OK - got ruling on that from State police and county sheriff. VA is usually pretty easy about enforcing knife laws (unless you are in other legal trouble). No regs on folders unless switchblades, stillettos or others directly mentioned in the law. Get a copy of the law off the 'net or ask a lawyer to be sure.
    Rich

VoZe likes this.
  3. Knife_Collector_101

Knife_Collector_101

Sep 21, 2018
    Virginia seems somewhat laid back in regards to knives. The only ones that would cause you trouble are autos. They have a weird law on that in which if you’re caught concealed carrying one they can consider it prima facie evidence of intent to sell. If you have any of those, it seems like you’re better off keeping them at home in a collection.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2019 at 10:45 PM