Virus school closures

Makael

Loving wife, kids and life.
Gold Member
Well the state of business in the Pacific Northwest has just changed. Schools are now closed thru April 24th. My employer is asking all remote reps that we are to stay home and wait this out. Crazy times.

I thought I read somewhere online that this manufactured virus* didn't affect younglings; just us 60 yo plus vintage antiques, and those old enough to join/be in the military were at risk.

* There is zero doubt this Corona Virus is/was manufactured.
From what I hear, the only debate is: Did it "escape" or was it intentionally released, and if the latter, by which government/nation.
It was not necessarily China who released it.
I would not put any of the "western" nations above doing so.

The city it first appeared in does have TWO biological warfare research centers.

Cool. Stay home and buy knives.:D
Willing to trade TP for skinning knives........ my butts not really that big. :rolleyes:

* There is zero doubt this Corona Virus is/was manufactured.
From what I hear, the only debate is: Did it "escape" or was it intentionally released, and if the latter, by which government/nation.
It was not necessarily China who released it.
I would not put any of the "western" nations above doing so.

I don't think any nation would use a biological weapon whose distribution can't be controlled. As for the TP supply shortage, if you can't find any, make your own—maybe a Buck knife would work if you don't have a sharp handplane.

Bert

I work in the TP business, I have access to an unlimited source.... I will also trade for knives
might have to take ya up on that. o_O:D

the run here on tp and soap and clorox wipes, etc has been insane.

I should be "OK" ... it is rare for a resident to leave.
I haven't heard of any cases in Idaho yet, so the staff should be OK leaving and visiting the stores locally.

What's going on now reminds me of what the "history" books claimed the early days of The Black Plague were like.

I read on the Internet (so it must be true :rolleyes:) a lot of "scientists" and medical "experts" are saying that when the weather warms up this virus will die out.
They don't explain how they reached this illogical conclusion or theory.

Remember the toilet paper shortage that Johnny Carson started in 1973?
He joked that there was a shortage, and people thought there was and caused one.....
I don't get the mentality of this one. The fear of missing out?
God people are stupid...... as if butt wipe will save you in the event of a pandemic.

I think there's actually a phone book around here somewhere...., so I'll be good for awhile, ha.

My son and my son in law both work the concert, convention and sports events tours business. They both were layed off Thursday. All of the concerts, conventions and events on their schedule were canceled some indefinitely. These are the large events mostly in the upper Midwest to Washington DC. on down to Florida. My son works as a sound and lightning technician and some stage rigging. My son in law is a contract rigging tech. for similar events. He rigged the 2018 and 2019 Super Bowl. This is a hard pill to swallow but my son has signed up for unemployment. My SIL who is a workaholic, works part time for other contractors so I’m hoping he can get enough to make it through.

At my work in the natural gas compression and gas pipeline transmission today our ceo said we would still pump gas down the pipeline. He also said sick leave would be extended for anyone who needs it so that’s a relief. He reminded everyone of common sense precautions and hygiene as well as avoiding unnecessary interactions and crowds. I hope this blows over quickly.

Some panic thinking & activity with corona virus. I was raised, using a newspaper or Sears catalog in an out-house. If we have no TP-- no problem. The Swine flu was much worse 10-11 years ago and you heard virtually little about it and 18,000 people died in the U.S.. But that
was under a different administration. Thus, different emphasis. DM

Last edited:
I have 6 kids one to young for school 2nd grader a d 4th grader already home schooled 8th grader, freshman amd senior schools have closed. Yet the districts are opening community center for kids to pick up breakfast and lunch I guess that less risky :rolleyes:

I have 6 kids one to young for school 2nd grader a d 4th grader already home schooled 8th grader, freshman amd senior schools have closed. Yet the districts are opening community center for kids to pick up breakfast and lunch I guess that less risky :rolleyes:
since this whole thread is off topic from the great knives Buck makes.....different topic, but makes me sad so many children would go hungry if the govt school system didnt feed them.

Much panic thinking & activity with corona virus. I was raised, using a newspaper or Sears catalog in an out-house. If we have no TP-- no problem. The Swine flu was much worse 10-11 years ago and you heard virtually little about it and 12,500 people died in the U.S.. But that
was under a different administration. Thus, different emphasis. DM

I had swine flu. It was horrible. I’d take the regular flu 100 times instead of the swine flu one more time.

That said, swine flu was not “much worse” than COVID-19. Wait until this is all said and done. The problem is that it spreads so readily - much easier than any flu.

COVID-19 is bad, no matter how you slice it. It doesn’t care about administrations or party lines. It can straight up kill you (or scar your lungs forever, making you short of breath forever) and doesn’t discriminate.

Everybody stay safe out there, wash your hands, don’t touch your face, and don’t hang out in large groups.

I'm seriously concerned the Blade Show will be called off..Since Altanta is such a major travel hub and the Blade Show is considered a international event the chances are high we will see it canceled in the next 30 days..David and I have reservations if it goes on but all the experts SO FAR say the worst is yet to come. Right now with less than 5,000 confirmed cases in the United States major events are either on hold or canceled outright all over the country! I don't think by June 6 this will be over with or even trending down. To many folks with low or even no symptoms are contagious as heck and will infect there own family and friends before they even suspect they have it. Tonight my daughter Jen said my granddaughter Dallas is not feeling well and there is NO WAY she could be tested and know within at least 7 days from now if she has it. That scenario is playing out tens of thousands of times across the country right now. Think about this..the FIRST case was November 17 last year and there was only 277 cases confirmed by New Year's. Now we sure we have over 100,000..

Back