Virus school closures

I live right on a major state road. the traffic ain't slowed down....much. I'm working still but staying home weekends when I'm off and keeping my distance from my own family best I can, to protect them.

I still hear harleys and insanely loud boom stereo cars that shake my plates in my cabinets all night long. my county isnt under quarantine yet, so very few are following it. places are closed but nothing stopping get togethers and that is happening.

the mistake many are making is assuming people they know and are close to, ain't sick. viruses dont care about social setups.

the spread down here ain't just Yankees (fans:D) coming off the planes, its locals who cant seem to stay away from each other either.

both my neighbors had bbq parties outside over the weekend. friends and families packed side by side outside. theyll be sorry when they kill off their friends and families. they ain't gonna try, so be it......

my own mama who I told I wasnt gonna visit until this is over, for her own safety, has had her friends over for drinks. I cant stop her shes a grown woman. I tried as hard as I could.

so all ages from what I've seen down here. it's very sad to see this all happening.....and really nothing i can do to stop it.

It all sucks.
It's important that we stick together.
Young folks are restless, old folks are stubborn, and nobody likes to be told what you can and cannot do in a free country.
I'm lucky enough to still be working, so I get a chance to get out of the house and earn a living. I too would have a hard time just staying at home after awhile.

I guess Wayne county is setting up check points to access essential work sites starting Monday. I have seen MI State Police sitting on the highways early am with spotlights on passing traffic...... Talks of shutting down certain counties all together.
I have been working within 1/4 mile of the hospital that is the epicenter of the covid-19 outbreak in Detroit, as we work to complete a new laundry facility for them. A little scary sometimes, but I can only imagine what is going on inside that hospital. :(
It's humbling.
I pray for them.

I was born in 1980...stop calling me a millennial! :mad:

Besides that, I'm still working. My wife just started a new job, pharmacy tech. We're both essential (I'm an electrician). Nothing I can do but keep going to work until they tell us not to. :thumbsup:

A lot of new information about Covid-19 is being released. Now the CDC is saying it can survive up to 9 days on some surfaces. There's also more reports of 20 to 40 years old having severe heart problems and have died from it. A coworker of my daughter tested positive and now the whole family is on a 14 day quarantine. My wife and I are worried about catching it now since there's been a lot of contact between us before the positive test came back. Still no widespread testing in Florida. I think it will only be taken very seriously when tens of thousands have died and a absolute lockdown across America is put in place. I think we are 30 days from that.

Florida just made a state wide stay at home order..
I think it is going to get bad in Florida because of the lack of early testing. Low numbers don't mean a lot if wide spread testing has not occurred. Looking right now at the news I see deaths in New York jumped to over 2,000..

Florida just made a state wide stay at home order..
I think it is going to get bad in Florida because of the lack of early testing. Low numbers don't mean a lot if wide spread testing has not occurred. Looking right now at the news I see deaths in New York jumped to over 2,000..
Seemed like lack of something during spring break.

let's not pick on florida. I can pick on florida cause I'm a florida boy:), .....

I see plenty of mistakes being made across this entire country in every state. easy to point out mistakes in hindsight.

btw that preacher is a south african. he ain't no local.

I agree 100%. There have been mistakes made all over the place. I believe there was a very similar situation that just occurred in Louisiana with a church.

PS. I spend a lot of time in Florida for work. It is one of my favorite states to work in. But I must admit I could not handle that summer of yours year after year.

I agree 100%. There have been mistakes made all over the place. I believe there was a very similar situation that just occurred in Louisiana with a church.

PS. I spend a lot of time in Florida for work. It is one of my favorite states to work in. But I must admit I could not handle that summer of yours year after year.

what parts of the state?

hot summers....grew up in it. when i was a kid we didnt get to sit indoors in ac, we were outside all day long. truth be told I dont mind it at all. the heat or humidity...long as I'm in the shade......:D

what parts of the state?

hot summers....grew up in it. when i was a kid we didnt get to sit indoors in ac, we were outside all day long. truth be told I dont mind it at all. the heat or humidity...long as I'm in the shade......:D

Our site is in Palatka but I stay in St. Augustine.

I grew up/ live in Wisconsin. I would take our winters over your summers a million times over. It is hard to ice fish with no ice.

Our site is in Palatka but I stay in St. Augustine.

I grew up/ live in Wisconsin. I would take our winters over your summers.

i know palatka. I do work around the state but we have a shop in jax that focuses in St. John's, Duval, Nassau, the whole jax market. spent some time up there myself.

you can have them winter's. even jax winters are too cold for my tastes.:D

btw that preacher is a south african n-- j--. he ain't no local.

I fixed it for you. I could say a lot more but dont want to get in trouble here on the forum.

Since I was born and raised in florida I can say that the shade becomes tolerable in the summer once your shirt is soaking wet from sweat.

To stay on topic this online schooling in pinellas county so far has been a joke. My son had to do an online jigsaw puzzle for one of his classes to make up enough class time.

I fixed it for you. I could say a lot more but dont want to get in trouble here on the forum.

Since I was born and raised in florida I can say that the shade becomes tolerable in the summer once your shirt is soaking wet from sweat.

To stay on topic this online schooling in pinellas county so far has been a joke. My son had to do an online jigsaw puzzle for one of his classes to make up enough class time.

first nice to meet ya. not sure, Sir, what ya fixed it too.....but maybe best I dont know. it ain't that important anyways.

I'm good wet or dry in the shade. I just dont mind the heat and humidity. it's the direct sun that gets me and I dont care for.

yeah I'm not too impressed with my own boy's online schooling either...

Last edited:
My uncle is a doctor and pointed me to this web site that gives updated state by state models. State level policies and population densities are accounted for in the models as I understand it.

Dark reading.

http://www.healthdata.org/

Just look at my state (Mississippi). We are FINALLY going into lock down, kind of. It seems almost every business is essential when you read the list. We should have done this 2 months ago, but our idiot governor didn't think it was warrented. I don't think he still does, he's just bowing under social pressure. It's good he is, but he should have been proactive.

The hospital in tupelo has nurses working 12 hour shifts, sleeping there, and doing it all over again. Won't let them leave. I don't think the news has reported on it at all, I mean we are JUST Mississippi, but it's getting worse here and there's just no leadership.

I'm still working, I'm essential. Although that may or may not change depending on TVA. They have shut a lot of work down, but were still going! My wife is a pharmacy tech and is essential as well.

Just have to see how it goes... I hope everyone who voted for tater head reeves is happy, since he's pretty terrible at his job of taking care of his state.

Back