Virus school closures

For years I have been worried so much medications, and other important things we need in America have shifted to China because it could be made cheaper. There Government worked very hard to make it happen too..I hope when this is all over (2022?) We make it a national priority to return critical manufacturing back to the USA. It scares me that all China has to do is stop buying the USA's Bonds..Then were really in trouble.

For years I have been worried so much medications, and other important things we need in America have shifted to China because it could be made cheaper. There Government worked very hard to make it happen too..I hope when this is all over (2022?) We make it a national priority to return critical manufacturing back to the USA. It scares me that all China has to do is stop buying the USA's Bonds..Then were really in trouble.

This makes me think of something funny about the coronavirus I heard.

"This is the longest anything made in China has ever lasted."

Not trying to get political JH. Just trying to lighted the mood.

My nephew is on the USS Roosevelt. The aircraft carrier that was hit by a covid 19 outbreak. He has been taken off ship and is being quarantined in a motel overseas with a few other shipmates.
He has been tested 3 times for the virus and so far has came up negative but has had a few bunk mates test positive. We pray for him daily.

Last edited:
Every night I pray for God's grace and mercy for the victims and families who are affected by the virus..So many innocent people are out of work and physically impacted all over the world. India, South America, and Africa and Australia..And in many places it is just starting and will get much much worse. We have not seen anything like this since 1918 world wide. Yet things seem so normal in Ocala today when I went to the health food store to get vitamins for my granddaughter's. Just light traffic. But in the hot spots I know it will be a different story soon..

Florida's unemployment system is completely overloaded..Both the phone system and the website. I'm glad that so far we've not seen riots and a breakdown in law and order. I thought that would happen by now. STILL no TP at Walmart and less traffic on the road when I do venture out. We had a real scare with my family when my daughter Jennifer's coworker caught it and they had a 14 day mandatory quarantine. It looks like schools will continue to be closed here and with no word yet on whether they will reopen anytime soon. I finally got a mask for my few trips out..20200414_224913.jpg

Nice mask.
Hang in there buddy!!!

Here in Michigan with the auto industry, constant ups and downs in the economy..... So far our unemployment has worked pretty well.
Some folks are getting direct deposits within hours of certifying. But trust me, we have been thru decades of it NOT working, and years of folks not working.

But everyone matters.... That's what makes the world go round.
I belief the reason our country works as well as it does, is because freedom relies on faith in the human spirit, and when things are at their worst, Americans are at their best. Most folks are decent people.
Our country has lots of things we need to fix that's for sure.
As long as we have faith, we have a democracy.

It's sweeping through the nursing homes in our area, including my father's.

Clinically speaking, he has little hope. Praying for a miracle. The nursing home has already lost 1/3 of its residents.

It's sweeping through the nursing homes in our area, including my father's.

Clinically speaking, he has little hope. Praying for a miracle. The nursing home has already lost 1/3 of its residents.
I hope it works out ok. I would like to see some answers regarding the infection rate at nursing homes, assisted living etc.....

There's no real accurate count of deaths..because of lack of tests especially early. There was and is a stigma to a contagious disease and because tests were extremely hard to come by for clearly ill patients few were 'wasted' on many of the early victims. I do believe many real professionals will go over all the records if for no other reason than to plot the spread in the future..
There is no doubt at all China and other countries have not told the truth about the number of deaths, the spread and speed of infections and possibly even the original source of all this death and misery. Just today, because of a tip, over 15 bodies of patients and staff were found in a shed of a nursing home. Since God said "Vengeance is mine I will repay." My prayer is that no evil plan will profit because of Covid-19. That they will fall in the pit they dug and be caught in there own snare..

What do you think will happen to the level of knowledge of our children in connection with the closure of schools?

their gonna be a year behind, maybe more. a year is a lot for a young child. when I think back to my young adult life I feel like one year was multiple years, in my head anyways. until I lock in dates and realize it was only a year.

What do you think will happen to the level of knowledge of our children in connection with the closure of schools?
Hopefully they will be able to tell the difference between and Buck 110 and a 112. Read the date codes and tang stamps of various issues of Buck knives. Be able to go online and order the items need to further their collections.

Today Texas open their restrictions to allow people to return to work. Phase I . My hope is other states will follow. It looks as if we have reached
the top of the curve and cases are subsiding. DM

Today Texas open their restrictions to allow people to return to work. Phase I . My hope is other states will follow. It looks as if we have reached
I hate to say it but if people don't use their heads it will fire back up again. Its no less contagious. I hope this isn't like riding a wave.

Curve? In Texas? Nope. No curve, no flattening yet, just “up”. And that’s even with bare minimum testing. I’m treating this like roaches - every positive test is 100 that didn’t get reported. Watch the next wave make us the next NYC.

After grand poobah idiot Abbott said whatever he said Friday, people here are acting like the sh!t is just gone.

It ain’t. And it’ll kill you. Or leave your family with $20,000 in medical bills for an average recovery. I wonder if these yokels ever considered that.

The government is basically telling people to get back to business and let the chips fall where they may, while they sit in their mansions wearing their N95s upside down being waited on by their staff.

They don’t give a damn if we all get it. But when we do, where does that leave their precious economy if everybody is too sick to work? :/

Abbott says:

upload_2020-4-19_2-25-5.jpeg

I hope it works out ok. I would like to see some answers regarding the infection rate at nursing homes, assisted living etc.....

Cpap machines. Seriously. A lot of them are on one and it aerosolizes the virus better than anything else. That’s why it spreads so readily in nursing homes.

You cannot even buy hand sanitizer.
And they want to reopen the economy.
Maybe they can put hand washing stations at every gas station and atm machine, near every door handle.

Seriously there are things that need to be addressed first. But that would require foresight and planning.

"Lack of planning on your part isn't an emergency on my part."
Well guess what,,,,,,, it is.

Bad situation anyway you look it. An economic collapse will kill more people than this virus. Cant have that. What did we mortgage away or give up for stimulus packages. God only knows. And this whole time ignorant people shopping without masks and essential businesses (and there are many of them) not providing masks to employees. Well that part changes today in PA, a mandate to wear masks and employers to provide them and it's well over a month too late if you ask me.

Back