Visiting Arthur Wright & Son (Pics)

I dug out all my A.Wrights to add to your thread, Jack!
Hope that is OK?!:confused:
A%20Wright%20knives%201_zpslqtj8jzf.jpg

Some are gifts from esteemed gents!;)

I'll PM you shortly, Jack!

Jack I love your picture heavy post. The way you set them up it's like taking a stroll with you. I would love to visit your little part of the globe. So much history.

Charlie some really nice knives. :thumbup:

Very interesting Jack :thumbup: You just omitted to say which knife you brought home?

Great stuff, Jack! Thanks most kindly for taking the time and using your talents for our benefit. It is great to see the people who are keeping the Sheffield cutler's art alive and vital. Outstanding!

Jack I love your picture heavy post. The way you set them up it's like taking a stroll with you. I would love to visit your little part of the globe. So much history.

Thanks Randy, it'd be great to show you around my friend :thumbup:

Thanks for posting the photos of your visit. How old is the building they work in?

You're welcome John :) I'll have to research that. Wright's only go back to 1947, and I would think the building was there at least a century before that :thumbup:

From 1841 until at least 1925, it was a pub, called The Brave Old Oak and (later) The Wild Percy. Prior to being a pub, it may have been a Silversmith’s. After midnight here now, but I'll see if I can find out more tomorrow :thumbup:

Very interesting Jack :thumbup: You just omitted to say which knife you brought home?

I was doing some shopping for another member here ;) :thumbup:

Great stuff, Jack! Thanks most kindly for taking the time and using your talents for our benefit. It is great to see the people who are keeping the Sheffield cutler's art alive and vital. Outstanding!

Thanks my friend :thumbup:

Jack as always, thanks for the tour, outside and in. :) I love the old equipment and old school methods. :thumbup: :)

Very interesting photos and read. Once again, thanks for sharing. This type of thread is what keeps me interested in the traditional forum!

thank you for taking the time so we can share the tour, to see the craftsmen working the old machinery gives me a different perspective on the lambsfoot that is in my pocket. a better appreciation if you will when times were not so automated. Personal touch is a quality that cannot be replaced.
thanks again for the tour, by the way I am waiting for my new lambfoot in blue jig bone to keep my rosewood and ebony wood lambfoot company here in vacaville,ca. U.S.A.
Troy

Jack, you do so much here and I love to see and read your thread/posts. That's a place I could sit and observe for hours. Anything Sheffield captivates my interests of late (thanks Duncan).

Thank you Jack. I just hated seeing the graffiti defacing an historical place as that.

Good of them to allow you in and great of you to share with us !

G2

Thanks for the look, Jack! It is great to see some apprentices, young and older, mastering the art. Looks like they are putting out some nice knives. Do they use jobbers?

Jack my friend - this is awesome to see.
Yet I am saddened by the state of the exterior of the building for such a fine name in Knives.

Back